Any Lead Companies Worth Mentioning?

I signed up for InsuranceQuotes.com and within a week, ready to cancel. I share the same data with 5-6 other producers and it is truly lowest common denominators. Found them from an email ad from LifePro. They are a Bankrate.com company.

I am also buying leads from HomeTown Quotes. Good guys and higher quality leads. Still it is tough dealing with these cheapseats 'term' customers.

My ask, anybody figured out a way to make reasonable money with these prospective customers?

How many messages left on bogus machines before you move on. How many must you go through before you reach paydirt?

Normally..an 8% closing rate is good...I put the leads in a drip campaign if i have some sort of conversation with a person. If it keeps going to VM three times, I send the lead back as a credit. HTQ is good mainly because they seem to be translucent. They aren't hiding anything..we know how they generate their leads. The bankrate owned companies are simply making money by selling the lead amongst 7 different websites to 15 different agents.

Normally..an 8% closing rate is good...I put the leads in a drip campaign if i have some sort of conversation with a person. If it keeps going to VM three times, I send the lead back as a credit. HTQ is good mainly because they seem to be translucent. They aren't hiding anything..we know how they generate their leads. The bankrate owned companies are simply making money by selling the lead amongst 7 different websites to 15 different agents.

Grateful Bro Simon!

The sharing of intel and best practices is the best and brightest use of this medijum!

Very smart idea! I am going to go set up my drip campaign, forthwith!

I suggest mailchimp dot com as a platform.

Can't beat FREE!

Pray good business, all!

I'm still around....have been since 2004:)

Thanks for the HTQ comments guys. I try my best to be transparent & have talked to many of you 1-1 from time to time.

Internet leads: Processes. Drip email campaigns. One thing that is working well for many is InfusionSoft as a CRM. It has many tools that work with it like AppointmentCore.com. We have lead consumers scheduling Intake appointments without ever talking to anyone. Or they call in & a trained staff member does the intake over the phone. They do not quote. They set up the expectation & the next appointment/follow up, where an agent will review the proposal with them. It works folks.

What do your processes look like? As an Independent Agent you have to overcome the brand identity, not just who you are. [This is Bob from ABC Insurance vs. this is Bob from Allstate Insurance] What does your website look like in 2015? How about your email address? Are you a business or does you email say: @aol.com, @yahoo.com or @gmail.com? Horrible way to do business but many still do as we deliver leads to them every day.

Happy to talk leads & processes anytime. Phone & email in my signature below!

Bob

Oh yeah: How about the SEC last week? Zero losses on opening weekend. Way to go KY & Vandy for winning your games!:) hehe

Brother Bob:

I will take you up on a 'silver bullet' primer. I need to revamp my processes and system. At our respective ages, the most precious resource is TIME!

I tried a new company that I'll leave undisclosed a this time, but it was 2 weeks ago and I've yet to receive a lead. It seems that your better off just sticking with the big companies that will get you about a 5-6% closing rate due to such a high saturation, or finding a new marketing method.

If I end up doing a credit card dispute I'll put the name of the lead company that is going to more then likely turn out to suck like the others, so no one else gets burned.

For now I'll hold off on that.

I tried a new company that I'll leave undisclosed a this time, but it was 2 weeks ago and I've yet to receive a lead. It seems that your better off just sticking with the big companies that will get you about a 5-6% closing rate due to such a high saturation, or finding a new marketing method.

If I end up doing a credit card dispute I'll put the name of the lead company that is going to more then likely turn out to suck like the others, so no one else gets burned.

For now I'll hold off on that.

JDLash,
Have you talked to them as to why no leads? Sometimes our clients choose such a small marketing area that we can't get but the rare lead to them as well. & we tell them this up front, but some prefer just a few miles around their office.

So make sure you're buying a large enough area to get leads. Think about the population % compared to the rest of the USA. Then in a given week, how many in that population might be online looking for Auto/home or whatever insurance. Auto by far is the quantity king as far as volume goes. Now with the ACA, Health leads can be #1 for a short period of time in the fall/winter signup period.

If they are a stand up company, they should give you logical advice & if they can't get you leads, then refund your money without any problems.

All the best.

Bob

JDLash,
Have you talked to them as to why no leads? Sometimes our clients choose such a small marketing area that we can't get but the rare lead to them as well. & we tell them this up front, but some prefer just a few miles around their office.

So make sure you're buying a large enough area to get leads. Think about the population % compared to the rest of the USA. Then in a given week, how many in that population might be online looking for Auto/home or whatever insurance. Auto by far is the quantity king as far as volume goes. Now with the ACA, Health leads can be #1 for a short period of time in the fall/winter signup period.

If they are a stand up company, they should give you logical advice & if they can't get you leads, then refund your money without any problems.

All the best.

Bob

It's a big enough area and I still have some hope, but who knows. The rep is extremely nice, but at the end of the day, nice doesn't give me leads!

I am trying to expand our agency. I wanted to start purchasing Auto and or Home owner leads. Any companies worth mentioning? Any experiences with leads in 2015. The threads are from so long ago and companies have completely changed since these previous threads.

Please give your feed backs.

Thanks.

I was working for an agency about 6 months ago. They were buying A&H leads from literally every vendor available. They did very well and were expanding quite rapidly. There are 3 companies I know of working strictly off internet leads and making a killing. Though national, the contracts and commissions were rather "interesting" to say the least. Bankrate, Adharmonics, QuoteWizard, All Web, just to name a few. They were purchasing thousands of leads daily.

The Metrics i've seen first hand are as follows.
Contact Rate: 50%
Quote of Contacted: 50%
Sold of Quoted: 25%

I am extremely familiar with this business model, feel free to PM with any questions.

Back