Anybody that will write a person with Dementia?

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
Alright FE guys, this isn't my market so I'm not familiar with what carriers will and won't write on a GI basis. Got a Med Supp client who has Lewy Body Dementia. Wife wants to see if there is a company who will write life insurance on him. The handful of carriers who I will write the occasional FE with (United of Omaha, Philadelphia American, Aetna) are a no go for this condition. Any carrier out there who will write it on a GI basis?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I think UHL writes this on their Modified plan. Full comp.

if you don't want to contract then I would give them MOO toll free number.

This is the route I went. There was a decent difference in premium between what I could offer versus what the MoO rate was. Plus I don't have to deal with getting appointed with a carrier.

This is the route I went. There was a decent difference in premium between what I could offer versus what the MoO rate was. Plus I don't have to deal with getting appointed with a carrier.

Just a heads up for some of the FE agents out there that have had to deal with the Mutual prices on this. The captive agents cannot sell this anymore, only the home office. No word if the home office is going to stop selling it or not.

Sons of Norway beats them on a regular basis. If they don't beat them, it's very close. And Sons of Norway goes all the way down to age 0.

Just a heads up for some of the FE agents out there that have had to deal with the Mutual prices on this. The captive agents cannot sell this anymore, only the home office. No word if the home office is going to stop selling it or not.

Sons of Norway beats them on a regular basis. If they don't beat them, it's very close. And Sons of Norway goes all the way down to age 0.
As you know, Todd, I’m recently appointed with them. I’ve written a few cases. They beat everybody else’s GI rates, and the e-app couldn’t be any easier to use. The home office staff is also very friendly and helpful. So far, I’m pleased with them. What’s your opinion of their other products?

SoN is a bit behind the times on an agent friendly portal. They are very friendly to work with, but I would caution doing too much business with them until your are able to see the business you have done on their website.

You might say I'm a bit anal about stuff like that. :yes:

Back