Anyone writing with GCU?

Fire

Super Genius
Rates at younger ages look great . Anyone using ? If so how’s the underwriting and what niches do they have ?

It’s an extremely liberal product. Think old Transamerica with some similarities in underwriting. It’s a fraternal but still the top compensation levels like the big corporate companies. They have some flaws but they’re making consistent improvements definitely worth picking up.

Everything baseball7 said and they are really easy to work with and pay commission as fast as any carrier I have used. Half the time I have commissions released literally the day after the eapp is submitted. Hits bank a day later but still wicked fast. 2 primary drawbacks are they need to get better at drafting close to requested draft date AND the eapp instant approval seems to go down weekly. They email a decision later in the day.

We have been writing them at FexContracting. Started out a bit shaky due to a few hiccups with drafting issues, etc. They are making some solid improvements and getting more popular with our agents.
They recently changed the e-app with improvements on info that used to be required but is now optional such as beneficiary ss# and things like that. Pretty solid player.

Rates at younger ages look great . Anyone using ? If so how’s the underwriting and what niches do they have ?

I made the mistake of using them for the first time on 2 larger cases while on vacation, and their inability to draft correctly caused me to loose the business. Not willing to get burned again for awhile, so I'll sit and watch as others seem to be seeing some success with them before using them again.

If a company cannot get their billing right in this business, they have no business being in business. :no: Failure in this area leaves the agent looking bad from the client's perspective and leaves the agent feeling the financial pain for it as well.

Latest posts

Back