Are There Any Good Companies?

daddioh

Expert
Realtor looking to possibly sell insurance. I feel I would be good at it, but from the posts it seems like there are not many good companies to work with..any ideas in the Memphis TN area?

Originally from Memphis myself.

There are tons of good companies out there. What do you want to sell?

Realtor looking to possibly sell insurance. I feel I would be good at it, but from the posts it seems like there are not many good companies to work with..any ideas in the Memphis TN area?

Finding a good insurance company has never been a problem.

A greater problem is finding a good FMO to use for your contracts. There are a lot who prey upon new agents.

Do the research and know exactly what you are doing before you sign on the dotted line. There is a lot of smoke that gets blown at new agents that sounds fantastic. Most promises that are made end up being hollow promises.

Never, not ever, regardless of what is being offered and promised, assign your commissions. If you do make damn sure you read the "fine print" and ask tons of questions.

you would be MUCH better off being a producer under an agent

you would be MUCH better off being a producer under an agent

Are you talking about getting contracts? If so I will have to disagree with you. More often than not that agent is going to require the person to assign their commissions. That is a bad thing for the agent.

If you are talking about using another agent as a mentor then it may be helpful but not if the agent only knows a little more than the new agent.

Your statement needs a lot more clarification.

If he is a realtor, then he will only be doing the insurance part time, and he wont get the preferred contracts or be able to hit the minimum requirements....

Last edited by a moderator:
If he is a realtor, then he will only be doing the insurane part time, and he wont get the preferred contracts or be able to hit the minimum requirements....

Didn't know you had to hit a minimum for street contracts with most carriers.

Are you in the insurance industry?

Rick

Didn't know you had to hit a minimum for street contracts with most carriers.

Are you in the insurance industry?

Rick

We don't even know what this guy wants to sell. I like it how everyone is in a rush to give him advice on how to do it and what pitfalls to avoid.

I wonder if they rush to give prospects advice on what to do, before they even find out exactly what the prospect wants?

We don't even know what this guy wants to sell. I like it how everyone is in a rush to give him advice on how to do it and what pitfalls to avoid.

I wonder if they rush to give prospects advice on what to do, before they even find out exactly what the prospect wants?

Yea, seriously weird about the assumptions. :no:

Since he's a realtor, maybe commercial maybe residential, and wants to round out his offering to handle his clients property or home owner's insurance?

Who knows!

I love how so many threads start like this...yea, no.

Back