At What Point Do You Give Up On A Lead?

They have to buy or die.

That's when you give up.

Agreed!

And maybe one more thing. If they tell you 3 times not to call them again....in the same conversation. If they don't do it all in one conversation, don't take them seriously. :D

Agreed!

And maybe one more thing. If they tell you 3 times not to call them again....in the same conversation. If they don't do it all in one conversation, don't take them seriously. :D

You have to buy or die, it's your choice. But it's gonna hafta be today.

What? Too pushy?

just curious.... :1eek:

For me it's when they say no. Whether that's on the phone or at the door. When they say no then that lead goes in the trash.

Might be different depending on the leads and what you are prospecting for. I only prospect for FE and only use FE direct mail leads.

I used to keep the leads that said no on the phone and doorknock them later, {they never remember that you already called}, but I learned pretty quickly that the ones that say no on the phone will send in another card the next time that area is mailed. So I will get to talk to them again anyway.

If they say no, I tell them "Before we close the subject, do you feel comfortable sharing your reasons with me so that we can make sure we're not saying no because of a miscommunication or misunderstanding or timing issue?"

If we're still at "no", I don't automatically ask if I can stay in touch. I say "Is there anything you can think of that might change for you in the future that would make us want to stay in touch?

If they say no, I say "Thanks for sharing your time with me. You have my information, and if anything changes in the future, don't hesitate to call me."

It depends on the age of the applicant. First sign of trouble from an older applicant, such as sounding irritated or indicating that they have no interest, I drop it right then, and discard their contact info. If they're younger, I'll try to sell them.

I had a fellow agent tell me one time that when he gave up on a lead that it was definitely dead. He was bragging about how he tormented his prospects into buying..it was painful to hear, but he thought it was wonderful. He didn't last in the biz too long.

There are DNC statutes that require sales people to not call leads after so many days, this duration varies from state to state.

Back