Ban on Medicare lead sales

Search "agent", we show up 124 times in this document

Medigap only shows up 4x . . . supplement 63x . . . Advantage 156x

Advisor 17x, consultant 0x

And "benefit" a whopping 957x . . . perhaps Don needs to knock on doors and say "I am your guy, here to see if you qualify for free money . . .". What could possibly go wrong there?

Most seniors with MAPD think they own a "supplement". Makes me laugh when I hear it.

And, you're right about ACA agent AOR theft, it's happening a lot out there. And the Marketplace is stripping off our NPN if client calls direct to MP

Maybe you missed the proposed cms 2023 first blueprint regulations for aca next yr . There proposing all agents get recorded verification the client permits you to pull their info . They also are proposing you get recorded verification about their income . I have to believe cms gets 1000’s if complaints 1-2 yrs down the line about agent falsified income .You must store these 10 yrs like mapd . They also are asking to allow ship type unlicensed agents be allowed to solicit aca door to door .Aca is a totally unregulated chaos shit show . The carriers are a complete joke as far as having real education and being able to get info . It’s almost like some of the carriers are ghosts . It’s insane how many plans each company has . They need to cut it down 90% . Also to allow almost bankrupt carriers to go into a county and lowball and screw pricing up is insane .

Maybe you missed the proposed cms 2023 first blueprint regulations for aca next yr . There proposing all agents get recorded verification the client permits you to pull their info . They also are proposing you get recorded verification about their income . I have to believe cms gets 1000’s if complaints 1-2 yrs down the line about agent falsified income .You must store these 10 yrs like mapd . They also are asking to allow ship type unlicensed agents be allowed to solicit aca door to door .Aca is a totally unregulated chaos shit show . The carriers are a complete joke as far as having real education and being able to get info . It’s almost like some of the carriers are ghosts . It’s insane how many plans each company has . They need to cut it down 90% . Also to allow almost bankrupt carriers to go into a county and lowball and screw pricing up is insane .

Gotta agree with you on all points. But I think the recording requirement is just on paper or signed auth, not actual phone recordings. But I'm sure that is coming in 2025

That 48 hour rule is going to work as well as the 48 hour rule for cross-selling.

And why couldn't you wait 48 hours? Because it was inconvenient for the client!

Yeah, the writing is really starting to be on the wall here.

MAPD is so ridiculous these days. Literally none of this is to protect people, because if it were then they'd actually go after these dumbass commercials. They're the ones that generate leads and mislead people.

My mailers are clear, I help people with Medicare. I am an insurance agent. You have to call me.

It's why I hate outbound marketing and don't do BRC, besides I hate cold calling people (which BRCs absolutely are completely cold.)

I will continue to use the word Medicare because I don't use it in a misleading way. I help answer questions about Medicare and help you find a plan.

Eff CMS.

Latest posts

Back