Ban on Medicare lead sales

Integrity already gives agents free T65 lists.

yes, I figured that from past posts I've seen the New Horizons lady make.

I'm just saying if laws prohibiting the sale of leads come into being, I think large organizations with good cash flow can probably develop systems that provide free leads to their agents. All of them (agents) for call centers, and at least some of them (agents) under FMO's.

Just my view from the non-agent bleachers. May be right, may be wrong.

If they ban all leads then the only way to sell it is to have the applicants proactively reaching out to you?
Damm! They are going to have everyone using my model.
Brick and mortar my friends! It’s the way of the future.

If they ban all leads then the only way to sell it is to have the applicants proactively reaching out to you?
Damm! They are going to have everyone using my model.
Brick and mortar my friends! It’s the way of the future.

100% my model for last 15 years.

What’s a lead?

I would have to call someone? Without them booking an appt (that just happens to have a friggin SOA required checkbox) first?

HORRORS.

Client referrals call me. Financial Planners are trained to send both me and client an email, so I respond with a link to my calendar. Some of them just book it for the client. Whatever. I just call people.

Looks like they mention television ads and websites a few times, but no mention of direct mail. Probably because it's too ambiguous to lock down what is a MA direct mail lead..as we've already seen from examples from Don and Travis.

They won’t require recording of appt setting nor interaction with clients . I’m 100% face to face so this is just noise . My leads are all to help people get the part b waived . I got my “ ask me about Medicare “ mask and pins . I even got some “ ask me about Medicare “ shirts made . I had a monster aep and 70% of my business was referrals. I must have replaced 40 med sups .

You may need to rethink your marketing strategy about using the evil word "Medicare". Lots of agents with websites or company names or themes are gonna have to come up with new ideas.
---------------
Search "agent", we show up 124 times in this document

https://public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2022-26956.pdf

A top CMS priority, consistent with sections 1851(h)(2) and 1860D-01(b)(1)(B)(vi) of the Act and CMS’s implementing regulations at §§ 422.2262 and 423.2262, is to ensure that MA organizations and Part D sponsors disseminate information to beneficiaries that is accurate and not misleading. We are therefore concerned that the use of the term “Medicare” in situations like those described above erroneously leads beneficiaries to believe that Medicare-related communications or advertising are disseminated or endorsed by Medicare or the Federal Government, when in actuality such communications are being disseminated by the MA organizations/Part D sponsors themselves, or by entities operating on behalf of the MA organizations or Part D sponsors. Although the types of plan communications described above that feature the word “Medicare” typically include disclaimers that state the information presented is not connected to or endorsed by the Federal Government or the Medicare program, these disclaimers are often tiny, difficult to read, and are mixed in with other CMS required disclaimers as well as plan-developed, non-required, disclaimers. While CMS already prohibits inaccurate or misleading information under §§ 422.2262(a)(1)(i) and 423.2262(a)(1)(i), we believe it is important to specifically prohibit the misleading use of the Medicare name, CMS logo, and products or information issued by the Federal Government(including the Medicare card) in §§ 422.2262(a)(1) and 423.2262(a)(1). We are not including the Medicare Part D mark, as CMS gives Part D sponsors contractual permission to use the mark. By adding a new (xix) and (xviii) we are firmly and clearly prohibiting the improper use of these terms and logos. Therefore, we propose adding a new paragraph (xix) to § 422.2262(a)(1) and a new (xviii) to § 423.2262(a)(1) which specifically prohibits the use of the Medicare name, CMS logo, or official products, including the Medicare card, in a misleading manner.

Don't be knockin' without an appt
Donny P, rumor has it, that this was you?

Next, we propose adding a new paragraph (A) to §§ 422.2264(a)(2)(i) and 423.2264(a)(2)(i) to add to the current prohibition of door-to-door solicitation. Business Reply Cards (BRC) and other types of documents where the beneficiary requests additional information are intended to allow the agent to reach out to the beneficiary via telephone, email, or direct mail. One particular agent asked CMS if the BRC gives them the legal right to visit a beneficiary’s home unannounced. We do not believe a beneficiary filling out a BRC necessarily indicates a beneficiary’s intention give permission for an agent to show up unannounced, at their home, requesting to market MA or Part D plans to that beneficiary. CMS considers this activity to be door-to-door solicitation. Therefore, we propose adding a new (A) to §§ 422.2264(a)(2)(i) and 423.2264(a)(2)(i) which provides that contacting a beneficiary at his or her home is considered to be door-to-door solicitation unless an appointment at the beneficiary’s home at the applicable date and time was previously scheduled.

Don't be knockin' without an appt
Donny P, rumor has it, that this was you?

Next, we propose adding a new paragraph (A) to §§ 422.2264(a)(2)(i) and 423.2264(a)(2)(i) to add to the current prohibition of door-to-door solicitation. Business Reply Cards (BRC) and other types of documents where the beneficiary requests additional information are intended to allow the agent to reach out to the beneficiary via telephone, email, or direct mail. One particular agent asked CMS if the BRC gives them the legal right to visit a beneficiary’s home unannounced. We do not believe a beneficiary filling out a BRC necessarily indicates a beneficiary’s intention give permission for an agent to show up unannounced, at their home, requesting to market MA or Part D plans to that beneficiary. CMS considers this activity to be door-to-door solicitation. Therefore, we propose adding a new (A) to §§ 422.2264(a)(2)(i) and 423.2264(a)(2)(i) which provides that contacting a beneficiary at his or her home is considered to be door-to-door solicitation unless an appointment at the beneficiary’s home at the applicable date and time was previously scheduled.

Correct I’m not knocking on their door to mkt mapd . Never was . I’m there to see if I might help them qualify for lis . I’m the “ benefit guy “ . When I’m there 2 things happen . They ask me about Medicare or I ask them “ Yaagent who do you have your Medicare SUPPLEMENT with “ ? There’s a ton of ways to get around the rules . Just like your homie agents in aca stealing the crap out of aor’s . They try the justify with a scam disclaimer on the lead card “ by submitting this form you give me permission to be your agent of record

They won’t require recording of appt setting nor interaction with clients . I’m 100% face to face so this is just noise . My leads are all to help people get the part b waived . I got my “ ask me about Medicare “ mask and pins . I even got some “ ask me about Medicare “ shirts made . I had a monster aep and 70% of my business was referrals. I must have replaced 40 med sups .

Correct I’m not knocking on their door to mkt mapd . Never was . ....................................... There’s a ton of ways to get around the rules .

Your thought process is about as crooked as a corkscrew.

Correct I’m not knocking on their door to mkt mapd . Never was . I’m there to see if I might help them qualify for lis . I’m the “ benefit guy “ . When I’m there 2 things happen . They ask me about Medicare or I ask them “ Yaagent who do you have your Medicare SUPPLEMENT with “ ? There’s a ton of ways to get around the rules . Just like your homie agents in aca stealing the crap out of aor’s . They try the justify with a scam disclaimer on the lead card “ by submitting this form you give me permission to be your agent of record

Most seniors with MAPD think they own a "supplement". Makes me laugh when I hear it.

And, you're right about ACA agent AOR theft, it's happening a lot out there. And the Marketplace is stripping off our NPN if client calls direct to MP

Latest posts

Back