Best Method for Selling MediGap Plan G (to clients who already have Plan F with a different company)

That's very hard to do.

Everyone getting older and sicker. Healthy ones move. Raise rates too much and more will drop off. Some go Medicare only while others change to MA.

The N block for MOO didn't do so well and that was only around for 10 months or so.

Granted, N was an anomaly because of the way they rolled it out but eventually a health insurance block gets to the point you can raise rates enough to balance out claims.

Was it Mutual of Omaha's fault the guarantee issue N plan failed or was it the greedy stupid agents fault for ruining a good thing by exploiting it for everything it was worth? I say it took two parties to cause the disaster.

Was it Mutual of Omaha's fault the guarantee issue N plan failed or was it the greedy stupid agents fault for ruining a good thing by exploiting it for everything it was worth? I say it took two parties to cause the disaster.

Yes, yes it was Mutual's fault. Don't deal the aces and expect agents not to play.

If we accept your statement as true, then it doesn't say much about Mutual of Omaha. Everyone here knew it was going to be a problem as soon as it was announced. So if it was the fault of greedy agents, apparently that means that no one at Mutual of Omaha is smarter than the dumbest person on this forum.

Why do you say its Greedy agents? they offered it GI to get clients agents gave them what they asked for, I don't get it

I live in Omaha and told people at Mutual of Omaha that agents are weasels and they would exploit the N plan to the point of it not being able to work. The higher ups told me that they were hoping the agents would not behave like this and if they did then they would quickly shut the plan down. I just shook my head in amazement as I realized that the people in the home office were so out of touch. The home office actually hoped the agents would hold it to a dull roar. They were dreaming.

I live in Omaha and told people at Mutual of Omaha that agents are weasels and they would exploit the N plan to the point of it not being able to work. The higher ups told me that they were hoping the agents would not behave like this and if they did then they would quickly shut the plan down. I just shook my head in amazement as I realized that the people in the home office were so out of touch. The home office actually hoped the agents would hold it to a dull roar. They were dreaming.

So, you admit that Mutual was the one that made a bad decision on this?

I'm beginning to believe that you'll just argue any side of the story for the sake of arguing.

Back