Best Sales/Marketing Book You've Ever Read?

Two really good books on Marketing (not Sales) are Getting Business to Come to You by Paul and Sarah Edwards and Identity Branding Revisited - Creating Prospect Attraction by Robert E. Krumroy.

Krumroy has a new book out on this subject. Do not know if it is a rehash or has any new material or if it strickly written from a sales manager's perspective. It's Not About Luck!: Solving Your Advisor's Activity Problem (Prospect-Attraction Skills Managers Must Teach):

http://www.amazon.com/Its-Not-About-Luck-Prospect-Attraction/dp/0967866146/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300590293&sr=8-1

I was going to post a new thread on this because I am looking for suggestions on insurance books. I just purchased Power Position Your Agency by Troy Korsgaden. Have not started it yet though.

I recently finished Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazi and it was a very good networking book.

I also have listened to Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. It was okay.

The Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes was good but it is more for established business and not so much start ups. Still not a bad read.

Any other suggestions?

wjw, some books that helped me the most at not necessarily insurance related.

Books like outliers, switch, good to great, and made to stick.

These are all applicable to our industry and they have educated and motivated me more than other books

I liked the book "Raving Fans" it's not so much of a sales book as a customer service book, but it all goes hand in hand.

Id say you should read The Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuk. It's not a sales book on the surface but it's about service, which to me (and many) is essentially sales.

I was going to post a new thread on this because I am looking for suggestions on insurance books. I just purchased Power Position Your Agency by Troy Korsgaden. Have not started it yet though.

I recently finished Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazi and it was a very good networking book.

I also have listened to Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. It was okay.

The Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes was good but it is more for established business and not so much start ups. Still not a bad read.

Any other suggestions?

Recently read How to Get Your Competition Fired. I enjoyed the book very much. I found at times there was a lot of filler which seemed to only be in the book for it to appear longer in length. Book probably could've been shorter by 30 pages or so. After I have the extra cash, I'd like to pick up The Wedge just to read more about it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"The Influence of Fear on Salesmen" by Frank Budd. Out of print and maybe hard to find. Worth the effort.
Amazon.com: the influence of fear on salesmen
$4.55+shipping. May get purchased!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back