Big Fat Belly

Why was this subject brought up on the 4th of July when we are all feasting at the trough?

I was definitely thin when I got my license.

I'm definitely not thin anymore.

Having a gut is a consequence of not enough disciplined exercise, driving around, and eating a lot of food 'on the run'.

I'm starting my semi-starvation diet today -- 2 big meals, first at 11AM, second at 5PM. Around 2000-2300 calories total.

My biggest problem is (a) I am hungry all the time, and (b) I get stressed/bored driving, which eating something keeps me busy.

The big meals blunt the hunger pains, plus it's easier NOT to eat in the morning versus the evening.

I am also going to start exercising more regularly again -- running 2x-3x per week, bodyweight exercises at least twice a week.

After we had our twins, the lack of sleep and later eating has done a number on me. Last night one of them got up to eat at midnight and 3am.

It's a grinder.

I'm starting my semi-starvation diet today -- 2 big meals, first at 11AM, second at 5PM. Around 2000-2300 calories total. My biggest problem is (a) I am hungry all the time, and (b) I get stressed/bored driving, which eating something keeps me busy. The big meals blunt the hunger pains, plus it's easier NOT to eat in the morning versus the evening. I am also going to start exercising more regularly again -- running 2x-3x per week, bodyweight exercises at least twice a week. After we had our twins, the lack of sleep and later eating has done a number on me. Last night one of them got up to eat at midnight and 3am. It's a grinder.

Good luck. Mine isn't working.

I do a complete starvation diet 4 times a day. But I'm still getting fatter.

I wake up and eat anything I want at breakfast (usually 8-strips of bacon and orange juice.) then I completely starve myself until noon. At noon I eat anything I want (usually McDonalds Quarter pounder, fries and coke.) then I starve myself until around 7:00 st which time I eat anything I want at dinner (meat and potatoes) then I starve until 10:00 and usually have popcorn. Then back to starving all night.

This diet worked well for many years but I'm losing ground fast now. I really do need to change something soon.

Good luck. Mine isn't working.

I do a complete starvation diet 4 times a day. But I'm still getting fatter.

I wake up and eat anything I want at breakfast (usually 8-strips of bacon and orange juice.) then I completely starve myself until noon. At noon I eat anything I want (usually McDonalds Quarter pounder, fries and coke.) then I starve myself until around 7:00 st which time I eat anything I want at dinner (meat and potatoes) then I starve until 10:00 and usually have popcorn. Then back to starving all night.

This diet worked well for many years but I'm losing ground fast now. I really do need to change something soon.

That is my favorite diet.

Don't lose hope. If you focus, and get loved ones around you supporting you, then you will be able to stay consistent. Also, variety helps. Swap out some ice cream for the popcorn for the 10pm meal.

It's tough, but you CAN keep to that regimented diet.

Back