Building a Medicare Book Without Prospecting

So, which one is it? Is he going to get to his 11 apps/month right away as OP stated, or as you state in a year he might get to his 10 apps/month? My point is that OP thinks he can turn a switch today and hit 11 apps/month immediately. I believe that is totally unrealistic for someone who has dabbled in Medicare. Perhaps in a year he will get to that number, but not now. If it were that easy...

There was nothing in my original post that said anything about timing. Like every other marketing program, you need to build a pipeline in order for sales to grow.

About two years ago I briefly used a telemarketer who was experienced in generating T65 leads-we worked together for about 2 months and out of 60 leads I closed 20 sales so am willing to work (she started having problems generating enough leads to keep me interested), I just don't like initiating conversations and have enough resources to be able to eliminate that part of the sales process.

My idea of prospecting is that prospecting ends with the incoming phone call, after that it is my responsibility to work at making the sale, does that clarify this for some of you?

----------

I had good success in the past with door hangers(plastic bag with fliers). Myself, a friend that owns a carpet cleaning business, and, a friend that owns a window washing business split the cost of the hangers. We paid a Boy Scout troop to deliver to the more affluent neighborhoods.

Thanks, that sounds interesting as does the use of EDDM with a Med Supplement postcard.

There was nothing in my original post that said anything about timing. Like every other marketing program, you need to build a pipeline in order for sales to grow.

About two years ago I briefly used a telemarketer who was experienced in generating T65 leads-we worked together for about 2 months and out of 60 leads I closed 20 sales so am willing to work (she started having problems generating enough leads to keep me interested), I just don't like initiating conversations and have enough resources to be able to eliminate that part of the sales process.

My idea of prospecting is that prospecting ends with the incoming phone call, after that it is my responsibility to work at making the sale, does that clarify this for some of you?

----------

Thanks, that sounds interesting as does the use of EDDM with a Med Supplement postcard.

Looks like you have your answer here. Duplicate what you were doing before. If you don't get enough sales, throw more money at it. As long as it is profitable of course.

Looks like you have your answer here. Duplicate what you were doing before. If you don't get enough sales, throw more money at it. As long as it is profitable of course.

1) Hire telemarketer
2) Hire sales person (licensed of course)
3) Sales person closes the deal and writes the app.
4) Sales person CALLS you to give you good news.

There you go. It ends with an inbound phone call. Seems easy enough.

Rick

Telemarketing in my area doesn't generate enough leads to produce the sales goal, that is why I am looking for other options.

There are enough good ideas being offered that some combination of them will work well, I am going to put together the initial program within the next few days and get started.

Telemarketing in my area doesn't generate enough leads to produce the sales goal, that is why I am looking for other options.

There are enough good ideas being offered that some combination of them will work well, I am going to put together the initial program within the next few days and get started.

You should throw water bottles at seniors having a stroke playing bingo...

You could contact all your local pharmacies to develop a referral relationship. I know of a lady in CA that grew her book substantially with this. She used it as a loss leader for the med supp. She told the pharmacist to call her at any time and she would help them.

UHC has a large call center that enrolls people turning 65 directly with no agents, my original question was based on reproducing that for a single person (me)-you just don't get the concept.[/QUOTE]

Why would you look to UHC? Do you have a multi-million dollar marketing budget like they do? :nah: Different ballgame altogether. Reminds me of when I sold carpet years ago for a national outfit that advertised heavily on TV. Great leads (20 set appointments a week and rarely a no show) Guys would quit to go on their own, counting their chickens before they were hatched (lots of profit in carpet). But they soon find out that without millions to spend on TV, you would be lucky to generate 2 or 3 leads a week using small time marketing methods.

Back