Buying Leads or Email Lists

I got several PM's each asking who I bought leads from and whether they were "solid" or "good" or "aren't a rip off" Those were the terms used by the guys in their pm's.

Leads are leads, folks: When you ask for "solid" leads you are asking for leads that will close. No such thing as leads that will close. YOU have to be able to close them. I had an agent a couple of counties north of me buy 20 FB leads from leadgurus and he said they were "$***" and he only got 4 sits and couldn't close even one of them. I gave him $100 for the 20. I sold 14 of the 20 including the four he had sat with - in fact, I went to those straight away.

It took me three months to do it because I was buying new leads myself at the time I was door knocking and I just kept going back to them when I was in that area. Meanwhile my buddy is out of the business and working in a warehouse in Scranton.

Leads are leads. Learn an effective door knock or phone script, learn not to answer any questions until you are sitting eyeball to eyeball with the prospect (don't answer questions over the phone or at the door), and have a solid presentation. Sales skills determine the quality of the lead, imo. The only bad lead is the one where the person filled out the form saying their name is Spongebob Squarepants and his address is Pineapple Under the Sea.

I got several PM's each asking who I bought leads from and whether they were "solid" or "good" or "aren't a rip off" Those were the terms used by the guys in their pm's.

Leads are leads, folks: When you ask for "solid" leads you are asking for leads that will close. No such thing as leads that will close. YOU have to be able to close them. I had an agent a couple of counties north of me buy 20 FB leads from leadgurus and he said they were "$***" and he only got 4 sits and couldn't close even one of them. I gave him $100 for the 20. I sold 14 of the 20 including the four he had sat with - in fact, I went to those straight away.

It took me three months to do it because I was buying new leads myself at the time I was door knocking and I just kept going back to them when I was in that area. Meanwhile my buddy is out of the business and working in a warehouse in Scranton.

Leads are leads. Learn an effective door knock or phone script, learn not to answer any questions until you are sitting eyeball to eyeball with the prospect (don't answer questions over the phone or at the door), and have a solid presentation. Sales skills determine the quality of the lead, imo. The only bad lead is the one where the person filled out the form saying their name is Spongebob Squarepants and his address is Pineapple Under the Sea.
Hello,

I love the way you present your ideas. You have clarified many doubts and questions that have arisen to me lately.

I appreciate it.

Leads are def not leads

Big DIf between lead provider lead types how time-consuming the level of intent

In fact, one of the reasons I left a brokerage I worked for in 2011 is to have more control over lead quality

I don't like when I get yelled at all day state of mind can get real negative when running crap leads

Once the mind goes negative it can stay that way for years and years, and for some agents, forever.

I ran into some issues last year a lead source I had used for year went south on me, I tried 2 or 3 befor I found a decent one and I can tell you the lead that yell Bring me into very negitive midset when they are constant

I played all the headgame you know its not the leads its my attitude and lead after lead you the 99ths person I have no idea where you got my stop calling bla bla and they were not cheap either

When I got halfway-decent leads You get all the excuses but they are not 99% of the time yelling and hanging up it happens but not every other call

Such a defense in the mid-set

Now you are face to face guy may be a lot different I have always been a phone guy I don't get a nice walk and some fresh air in between so maybe that makes a difference and maybe you get a second longer before they slam the door on you then when they hang up might be a defense as well

Either way, there is a clear difference in quality in leads both in vendor type and more

besides that, some lead is way more time consuming than others, For instance, I can do better Roi with mailer leads but I need more lead and it takes more time so I get less deal but higher roi which does not equal more money in the long run at least with medicare

I tell people the SAME THING. I actually recorded one of my telesales and I was glad that this lady said she had spoke with an Assurance agent a week prior and she wanted to think about it. 10 minutes laters I'm closing a deal with her over the phone after another agent dropped the ball. I only paid about $0.80 to generate the lead myself. I believe it definitely comes down to skill set.

Hello Forum;

Do you think that buying leads or email lists do not produce results?

Thanks!

I had 3 people contact me for insurance yesterday by referral, and 2 today. Bottom line, I have no desire to find out if lead or email lists produce results, because I've spent years developing referral networks and taking care of my clients, so they send me more than enough business.

Back