Characteristics of a Carrier Partner?

Does a true carrier partner exist? How is it manifested? What about the other way around, from the carrier's perspective: Does a true agency partner exist? How is it manifested?

Are you asking if an agent feels the carrier is loyal to him? And are you asking if the carrier feels the agent is loyal to that carrier?

I am wondering if you Agentinthesouth Have a carrier that is the cornerstone of your agency and always will be? And what that carrier has done to create that relationship. I am also wondering is there is a carrier that feels the same way about you. "We like this guy and trust him so much we are going to do X for him"

If that does not exist, should it? As commission erosion takes place in the industry can you insulate yourself with good partners. As Google moves into the industry can you insulate yourself from that with strong partners?

I am wondering if you Agentinthesouth Have a carrier that is the cornerstone of your agency and always will be? And what that carrier has done to create that relationship. I am also wondering is there is a carrier that feels the same way about you. "We like this guy and trust him so much we are going to do X for him" If that does not exist, should it? As commission erosion takes place in the industry can you insulate yourself with good partners. As Google moves into the industry can you insulate yourself from that with strong partners?

I am typing from my phone, please excuse any errors. I read the USAToday and they are only an auto comparison rater, so I don't understand the hype. Also, 98% on the personal lines agents I know lead w/ the home and cross-sell the rest.

I have a great partnership w/ my two lead carriers. The Relationship started by my agency selling their product well. Then their managers took notice and started to get to know us. Over time, a symbiotic relationship as you described developed.

For us, it started After the agency proved we could sell the product. It was then up to the carrier to start developing the relationship.I have one carrier that I know almost every member of the management team, most of the claims team, the entire customer service team, and of course the territory rep. Not only can I tell you about their business, I can also tell you about most of their lives away from the office. I guess it all boils down to personal relationships... Go figure :)

My definition of true carrier partner:

invests in technology to make it easy to do business
is consistent with underwriting
has a true appetite for new business
does not backdoor the agents with online sales
provides superior agency service
is consistent with pricing

I put those carriers number one on my list.

Dave

Back