Client and I Both Screwed by ACI Phone Interview

BTW
This should never happen. Once I've thoroughly gone over medications and questions and established wether they will get level or graded. I call with the speaker phone and use the thumbs down when they hesitate and I know the answer is no or thumbs up when its graded and I know the answer is yes. Many old people just have a tough time communicating and need help with the interview. I'm just helping them relay the answers that they gave me.

I know right. I trained you well:yes::biggrin:
BTW you got a shout out on my most recent interview which will be published next week.

I had something like this happen a Month or so ago. A client heard do you have diabetes and answered yes when the question is much longer and he should have answered no. Long story short he is offered modified rather than level. Interviewer purs me on hold and comes back to tell me that I have to call the home office. Home office tells me they changed their process and they will no longer allow a second interview and will not reconsider. What a load of nonsense.

I'm sure that happened but your upline can get that changed for you if they just will. Maybe not if they don't send much business to AmCon.

The question I have problems with all the time is the one that asks about problems and smoke. Smokers always want to answer that yes because they only hear the last part.

I then ask her if she would mind going with SNL for identical coverage for about $.70 less monthly. She says she's fine with the ACI so I lose out on going with the 90% that SNL would offer as well.

Next time, let your client know that you are going to find something better for them and then tell them you are going with the secondary carrier. The fact that the primary carrier put her through all that is reason enough not to use them for her.

I would have said something like, "I don't like that they pulled that crap. Here, let's use this other company, it's even a little cheaper."

----------

I had something like this happen a Month or so ago. A client heard do you have diabetes and answered yes when the question is much longer and he should have answered no. Long story short he is offered modified rather than level. Interviewer purs me on hold and comes back to tell me that I have to call the home office. Home office tells me they changed their process and they will no longer allow a second interview and will not reconsider. What a load of nonsense.

Another reason that I have not used a carrier in over 2 years that requires a POS interview.

Who was the culprit?

Next time, let your client know that you are going to find something better for them and then tell them you are going with the secondary carrier. The fact that the primary carrier put her through all that is reason enough not to use them for her.

I would have said something like, "I don't like that they pulled that crap. Here, let's use this other company, it's even a little cheaper."

----------

Another reason that I have not used a carrier in over 2 years that requires a POS interview.

Who was the culprit?

Both of these problems are 'agent errors' plain and simple.

I walk through ALL of the tricky question with my clients before I ever get them on the phone...

The diabetes w/ heart problems excluding HBP (clients always hear HBP and want to say yes)
The lung disease and current tobacco (they hear tobacco and want to say yes)

If they've had heart attacks/strokes etc..over 2 years I re-emphasuze the 24 month time period...there are others,but I've never had a problem with ACI on ANY phone interview

I'm also always on speaker phone in case they get confused

Also, you're smart enough to figure ACI out in about a minute..easy peasy

Yes, I suppose you could say that it's agent errors on any unsuccessful sale. If you were professional looking enough, were persuasive enough, thorough enough before phone interviews, etc. you would make every sale you presented with zero failures. Would be nice in the real world though to have a company be able to have workarounds for some of us agents out here who make a mistake here and there.

Yes, I suppose you could say that it's agent errors on any unsuccessful sale. If you were professional looking enough, were persuasive enough, thorough enough before phone interviews, etc. you would make every sale you presented with zero failures. Would be nice in the real world though to have a company be able to have workarounds for some of us agents out here who make a mistake here and there.

No just in this case hahaha ;)

On this case, you have to now it. Why would a huge company like Aetna have rules to work around rules..after all..they are an insurance company.

I wasn't attacking you, sorry if it came off that way...Doug just pointed out this is why he doesn't like POS carriers..I'd bet I've put a lot more business than most with aametna over the last 2 years and I've never had a single problem

Ah, well, it was only $33 a month or so but it made a difference of about $150 which isn't chicken feed.
$150 is exactly what I paid the last time I bought chicken feed.

Back