I interview for a W2 job soon, how can I best prepare?

One of the reasons I don't use Zoom for video sharing is that people can't figure out how to set it up. Seriously.

I'm not that surprised. 50% of the population has an iq below 100. Something like 10% has an IQ below 83, so low that not even the military will take them to dig ditches or be a human shield. 10%. That's one in ten. I'm not making this up.

This will be a Zoom interview for a telesales FE job, I have no insurance experience. Thanks in advance.
If it's both telesales and W-2, you don't really need anything more than telemarketing or customer service experience. All they can ask of you is to make phone calls and read a script. Perhaps it would be more enlightening, if you use the opportunity to interview them.
Two things this will accomplish:
1. The more questions you ask, the more informed you will be on many levels. If you can't find anything about the company on Google, they are a very small outfit.
2. The more questions you ask, the less likely they will reject you. It demonstrates that you have done some homework on the company, on the industry, the position, have carefully considered the opportunity, and have a good idea what you're getting into..

Ask if there is potential to earn bonuses on your production. If so, tell them that is the reason you are there, not the wages. They will love you so much, they will ask you, "How soon can you start?"

I'm not that surprised. 50% of the population has an iq below 100. Something like 10% has an IQ below 83, so low that not even the military will take them to dig ditches or be a human shield. 10%. That's one in ten. I'm not making this up.

Somebody mention IQ ? ? ?

During the interview, I asked what the number 1 thing is that new agents struggle with, and the answer I got is product knowledge. Aside from learning the ins and outs of my own policy, is there a way I can get a jump on learning the products without being signed on yet to an IMO?

Get with an IMO that offers an open release policy in writing. Then you have access to everything you need to learn the products. Call the home office, talk with the IMO and have access to all the product info. You aren't locked in if you decide to switch IMO's later.

Back