I interview for a W2 job soon, how can I best prepare?

This will be a Zoom interview for a telesales FE job, I have no insurance experience. Thanks in advance.
If you don’t own life insurance on yourself, go quickly and buy at least 500k of term insurance. They may ask how much life insurance you carry on yourself. Your answer tells them whether you believe in the product.

If you’ve got a background in sales, don’t be afraid to brag about your achievements (without sounding cocky or know-it-all). They want to hear confidence. If you don’t have sales experience, find a way to talk about achievements in previous employment or academics.

When they ask why you want to do this job, your chief motivator needs to be the money you can make. Sometimes prospective agents focus on their love of serving people, which is an admirable quality. But sales managers want to hire people who are money motivated and achievement oriented.

But, by all means, don’t try to pretend to be something you’re not. While it’s importance to exhibit plenty of confidence, it’s a mistake to be anything but honest.

During the interview, I asked what the number 1 thing is that new agents struggle with, and the answer I got is product knowledge. Aside from learning the ins and outs of my own policy, is there a way I can get a jump on learning the products without being signed on yet to an IMO?

During the interview, I asked what the number 1 thing is that new agents struggle with, and the answer I got is product knowledge. Aside from learning the ins and outs of my own policy, is there a way I can get a jump on learning the products without being signed on yet to an IMO?
Ask some people who sell FE on this forum to send you agent/product guides.

Search people who do telesales as those carriers may be different than f2f. I know nothing about FE but I know Mutual of Omaha's #1 agent for a few years is telesales. Maybe start with them but no advice from me on carriers as I have no idea.

I guess if that person hires new agents they would know what the new agents struggle with. I'm very surprised that was the answer though.

Back