Digital BGA - experience and telemarketing leads?

Pass990

Expert
The main selling point for Digital BGA is their leads and tech combo.

The tech is just a sales CRM to efficiently go through leads. Any good sales CRM can do that. Nothing special.

They offer several lead sources, but their main lead source is the telemarketing leads. They have offshore callers. Don't know if they employ these callers directly or are using a 3rd party off-shore call-center company.

Ok, controlling the lead source is fine instead of directly agents to 3rd party vendors.

They say they do it compliantly. It's telemarketing, so I'm not sure if it can really be done compliantly since you're not supposed to call people using an automated phone service without their permission.

Regardless, any experience with their leads?
How's it going?

The numbers on their site:
- telemarketing leads - $12 /each (don't know if that's changed)
- average closing ratio is 6% (seems ok)
- average premium of $750 (seems high).​

Minimum for telemarketing leads is 50 /week ($600 /week using the $12 cost /each).

Anyone can get their own telemarketers and use any good sales CRM to replicate this combo.

Most agents don't want to create their own system. They want a "plug and play" system, but remain indy and not captive. So, I guess that's what appealing to these agents.

So how are the leads?
Your experience?
Etc.?

Also, it seems that if you don't hit a specific closing %, they'll terminate you.

So, while they're not captive, they do have some "captive rules" similar to what any captive agency would have with some required production.

It's not unreasonable if they in fact sell their leads at cost (or close to it).

But this isn't really being independent. It's like being a sales rep with a company with required production or they'll let you go.

They're like in between a captive agency and a regular IMO with no production requirements.

Just an observation.

You're forgetting a major factor, if not the biggest one. That is access to high level telesales producers that can help you grow and achieve the same level or even higher success. The tech and leads are just tools

I didn't add every single thing they offer. Of course they have training, top contracts, etc.

Regarding training...

You can have all the training in the world and access to top producers like you say, but it really comes down to your level of talent.

The ability to speak with a prospect is a talent. Yes, there's skill involved (the process to use), but your talent will determine how well you do it.

If someone doesn't have the talent, access to top producers won't help.

Regardless, access to other agents, training, etc. is not the biggest factor at all. Every other FE IMO has that, although I wouldn't say DigitalBGA is a normal IMO (see previous post).

It's the tech and leads combo that appeals to agents.

I didn't add every single thing they offer. Of course they have training, top contracts, etc.

Regarding training...

You can have all the training in the world and access to top producers like you say, but it really comes down to your level of talent.

The ability to speak with a prospect is a talent. Yes, there's skill involved (the process to use), but your talent will determine how well you do it.

If someone doesn't have the talent, access to top producers won't help.

Regardless, access to other agents, training, etc. is not the biggest factor at all. Every other FE IMO has that, although I wouldn't say DigitalBGA is a normal IMO (see previous post).

It's the tech and leads combo that appeals to agents.
I guess I don't understand what it is you're looking for or trying to figure out here. Could you say concisely what your objective is ? Thanks

How are their telemarketing leads?

That's their main lead source and the ones an agent buys on their platform.

How are their telemarketing leads?

That's their main lead source and the ones an agent buys on their platform.
Well, danny ray, who's a big time producer, in his interview with mr Dunford on youtube, said that they were good.

At the end of the day, a decent call center is going to produce equivalentish leads in comparison to other decent call centers. One point I guess, is that they are exclusive, which sometimes isn't the case with a 3rd party lead vendor.

But imo, I dont think that the leads could be the point of decision

I'm a Managing Partner of DigitalBGA, so I'll chime in to clarify. There's some assumptions and misinformation here.

The main selling point for Digital BGA is their leads and tech combo.

The tech is just a sales CRM to efficiently go through leads. Any good sales CRM can do that. Nothing special.

Can an outside CRM verify bank account numbers in real time to help placement?
Filter all leads through a known TCPA litigators database to reduce risk?
Quote final expense with 1 click (using the lead data that was posted in)?
Dial the most valuable lead and at the same time send texts and emails?
Respond to texts within the CRM?
Record all calls for compliance so DigitalBGA agent partners can enjoy access to products other telesales agencies don't?

The main selling point is not our leads and tech combo. While great, those are tools to give us our competitive edge which is optimizing data.

We generate our own leads internally and can see in real-time how those leads perform and make quick adjustments to scale the winners and cut the losers. No one in our industry that helps independent agents has that sort of visibility and data at their fingertips and it allows us to continually innovate for our agent partners.

They say they do it compliantly. It's telemarketing, so I'm not sure if it can really be done compliantly since you're not supposed to call people using an automated phone service without their permission.

We generate our own opted-in data to call on through internet marketing. Thousands of seniors every day are opting into our final expense funnels that allow us to use automated dialing services. This is specific knowledge that drives the quality of our leads.

Regardless, any experience with their leads?
How's it going?

The numbers on their site:
- telemarketing leads - $12 /each (don't know if that's changed)
- average closing ratio is 6% (seems ok)
- average premium of $750 (seems high).

We need to update that because the average premium is over $800 now with our telesales training program.

The closing ratio is an average of everyone as a whole (which is still over a 3:1 ROI BTW). Half are higher, half are lower - the lower half just don't put in the activity or follow the training - there's nothing DigitalBGA can do there.

You're asking for agents to comment on the leads - most won't see this, so here's some screenshots of some agents on those $12 telemarketed callbacks delivered last month (December) that would say they're pretty good. Between a $72-$87 client acquisition cost.

upload_2021-1-22_15-19-34.png
upload_2021-1-22_15-20-19.png
upload_2021-1-22_15-20-58.png

All these agents did was follow our scripting and sales training. Our lead gen and technology did the rest of the work.

It's also worth noting that Live Transfer and Call-Ins (TV leads, Website Call Ins, Chatbot Call-Ins etc) will likely become just as popular in the coming months.
Anyone can get their own telemarketers and use any good sales CRM to replicate this combo.

True on the telemarketers. But where would agents get the TCPA Compliant FE Opt-Ins to call on? Burning through DNC scrubbed lists and buying aged leads won't work.

What if they wanted to take Live Transfers or Call-In leads? They can do that directly in our CRM by simply toggling themselves available and when a call comes in, have the data posted directly into the CRM in real-time.

Also, it seems that if you don't hit a specific closing %, they'll terminate you.

Not true at all. We let agents go that don't do any activity and release them wherever they want. There's no termination - we just shut down their access to our daily huddles, training and tech since they're not working anyway.

If an agent isn't closing a certain percentage, we won't terminate. Quite the opposite - we'll continue to train and support that agent as long as they're putting in the effort. Here's a prime example of an agent who issued $16k last week messaging me a few days ago that we could have easily given up on him.
Slack-msg.png

SNAGHTMLcb2afdb8.PNG

They're like in between a captive agency and a regular IMO with no production requirements.

We are 100% independent with an open release policy. We rely on independent agents for feedback to make our entire platform more profitable.
__

This is actually really helpful to hear these assumptions and will make changes on our website to communicate all of this next month.

I'm a Managing Partner of DigitalBGA, so I'll chime in to clarify. There's some assumptions and misinformation here.

Assumptions, yes. Misinformation, no; as that implies I'm purposely trying to speak poorly of DBGA.

I'm interested, I'm just trying to get more info. The website doesn't have enough info.

Can an outside CRM verify bank account numbers in real time to help placement?
Filter all leads through a known TCPA litigators database to reduce risk?
Quote final expense with 1 click (using the lead data that was posted in)?
Dial the most valuable lead and at the same time send texts and emails?
Respond to texts within the CRM?
Record all calls for compliance so DigitalBGA agent partners can enjoy access to products other telesales agencies don't?

Touche on the bank account verifying. Although if I look I'm sure I'll find services I can use to verify a bank account immediately (while on phone with prospect).

The filtering leads through a TCPA litigators databse; that's not proprietary to you.

Quoting can be done elsewhere as well.

Any sales CRM (sales force, vanilla soft, etc.) can dial the most valuable lead, do texting, record calls, as well as many other things (leadscoring, cadence, automations, etc.).

We generate our own opted-in data to call on through internet marketing. Thousands of seniors every day are opting into our final expense funnels that allow us to use automated dialing services. This is specific knowledge that drives the quality of our leads.

Explain this further please. This is quite confusing.

Is this the process:

Step 1 - Senior opts-in to web form through different traffic sources (FB, SEO, PPC, etc.)
Step 2 - Outbound call made to gauge interest.
Step 3 - Then lead posted into CRM for agent follow up on.

Did I get that right?

If the first step is correct, it's not clear from your website. The website makes it seem that your telemarketers are simply cold-calling people about final expense, which is why I said anyone can get telemarketers.

So it's really not telemarketing at all.

The "telemarketer" makes an an outbound call to an opt-in lead to gauge interest.
Then the agent calls in the third step.

Then why call it telemarketing; it's not. Call it "3rd step opt-in lead call back". Obviously come up with a better name (I'm just doing it on the fly).

Obviously, the more steps taken with a lead, the better the lead. Your website makes it seem like the agent is calling back telemarketing leads. The agent is really calling people who've shown interest twice (opt-in form, then agreeing with fronter to receive call from agent).

We need to update that because the average premium is over $800 now with our telesales training program.

$800 seems high. How is it so high? Any extra steps taken to filter for a more "affluent" (albeit still low-income) base of prospects?

You're asking for agents to comment on the leads - most won't see this, so here's some screenshots of some agents on those $12 telemarketed callbacks delivered last month (December) that would say they're pretty good. Between a $72-$87 client acquisition cost.

So the lead cost is still $12 /each.
Avg premium $800.
Avg closing ratio 6%.

So using 100 leads to keep it simple.

The avg should be:
- $1,200 lead cost
- 6 apps at $800 avg
- $4,800 revenue
- $3,600 net
- avg client acquisition cost $200 ($1,200 / 6)

Where do you get the $72 - $87 client cost from?

Are my numbers off?

Thanks for your response. I've also made a long post with answers to your answers. Looking forward to your responses.

Last edited:
Back