Digital Master Mind. Anyone doing this?

I don't understand your logic. His intro page says he wrote $1,000,000 in FE premium (I assume it's AP and not monthly premium). His page then says he wrote this much with the 30,000 leads his web site generated.

He makes no mention of his agents being a part of anything. Where did you get that part from?

JRoot organizes the event .. he knows the speaker.

for context listen to his podcast with the speaker which was recorded a while ago.
Journey of a New Website to Daily Life Insurance Leads (Within 6 Months!) – SellTermLife.com

Thanks Ray :)

Hey Greg,

Anthony Martin here. A buddy of mine emailed me about this thread so I thought I’d chime in to provide some clarity.

While normally I would never take time to post on this forum, since your comments have expressed concern about the authenticity & credibility behind this conference, I thought I’d offer an explanation to put your speculation to rest.

For reference, I don’t earn any money speaking at Jeff’s conference. I chose to participate as a speaker this year, as I did last year, simply because I wanted to give back. I’m incredibly grateful for the opportunity bestowed upon me, so I make a point of doing certain things to help others who wish to do the same.

This whole online marketing thing has radically changed my life, and I genuinely want the same for others. In other channels, I’ve been very open and specific about my success because I was hoping to motivate others about what is possible.

Whether you or anyone else goes to this conference is irrelevant to me. I’m not paying for any of it so the attendance level has no impact on my life. I’m going to have fun with friends no matter what. I do hope I can equip some people though.

Now that we got that out of the way, let me clear up the first thing.

Yes I did personally write over a million dollars in FE AP 100% over the phone in 2019. I did this without the assistance of any other human being.

Now, I don’t expect you or anyone to believe that, but that’s the truth.

Quite frankly, I wouldn’t believe that if I heard someone else say it. I realize it’s such an astounding figure for personal FE production that is sounds fake. I don’t blame anyone for thinking that.

But it is the truth and here is how it’s possible.

You and every other FE agent work leads. I do not. I work application requests. The only people I talked to in 2019 were folks who raised their hand and said, “I want to apply”.

I did not have a sales presentation or any kind of sales dialogue. I was simply an order taker much like a cashier rings up your groceries when you go to the grocery store.

I’m not amazing at telesales or sales in general. There was a time years ago when I worked leads and I was really good at selling FE via phone, but those days are long gone. For the last 2 years, I’ve worked only application requests, so at this point my sales skills would be very very rusty.

When people go to my site they can put in their name, phone and email to see quotes from multiple FE carriers. After seeing those rates, they can hit a button to apply. Those folks have seen the product and rates and just want to apply. Those are the folks I talk to.

My site does all the work for me.

This is literally what I say:

“Hi can I speak with [customer name]? Hi [name] this is Anthony with Choice Mutual. I’m calling you because you submitted an inquiry on our website to apply for some final expense insurance with [carrier they chose]. Did I catch you at a good time? (I’d never ask that if I worked leads)… Great well do you have any questions you want to ask me?”

Most people ask about waiting periods or rates being fixed etc. After I answer their questions, I do a risk assessment and take the app.

I’m usually in an app within 5 mins.

See how stupid easy that is? It’s so easy a freakin monkey could do it.

This is not possible with leads. However, when you’re talking to applications, you can do that very easily especially with my site. It’s January 3 and I’m already at 20k after working 2 days. That isn’t possible working leads.

To address your PPL thing…

You’re assuming a lot here. The 30K lead figure is just how many leads my site generated as a whole since it’s a metric of success. If I counted my callins, that number would go way up. You have to remember the conference is about digital marketing so most folks are marketing online or want to be. Numbers matter and generating 30k leads online is a rather big deal. It’s a metric that lends credibility to the speaker which is why it’s mentioned in my speaker bio.

I didn’t work all those leads. No one person ever could. That said, I never called, even one time, roughly 20K of them. In fact, I only talked to a fraction of the application requests.

It’s important to note that all my leads are free. My acquisition cost is $0. I don’t pay for any them. Customers find me via Google searches. Google lists my site at the top for most things (or near the top) because I do the best job at satisfying their search intent.

Because my leads are free, I had the luxury of picking and choosing which ones I called or didn’t call. In this environment, PPL does not matter.

PPL primarily matters to agents and agencies who have an acquisition cost. For them, it’s an important metric to track. Back in the day when I worked leads and had an acquisition cost, I tracked PPL too.

When I have enough agents to work all my leads, then I’ll track PPL too. Until then, it’s not a metric that will mean anything.

In Q4 of last year I hired some agents. Given my over abundance of leads, it only made sense to.

Those agents work the quote request leads and some app requests. At no point in 2019 or now did any of them or anyone else work leads and funnel them to me so I can write it up.

As I continue to hire and train agents, my personal production will steadily dwindle until eventually it’s 0. I’ll never write 1 million again because while being a self-made millionaire selling FE via phone from a comfortable office is really cool, making a million dollars in net profit per month is much cooler and that can only be done via a business which is why I’m hiring and training.

Again, last years one million figure is all personal (no agency production).

Hope this clears this up for you or anyone else who may doubt the validity of the comments made.

I’ll end with this.

Since I’ve known them, Jeff Root and the people around him like Nic West and Jason Fisher have all been extremely honest and stand up guys. They’ve delivered on everything they said they would. They’ve never lied or embellished or told me any half-truths. I’ve gotten nothing but great friendships and straight shooting from these guys. Oh and btw, I’m not contracted under them. None of them earn any money off me or my agency.

While I can easily respond to personal scrutiny, I cannot comment about the bio’s of the other speakers. That said, I’d bet my website (which is worth millions and millions of dollars) that every single thing said about those other speakers is perfectly accurate and not in any way twisted to get you or someone else to buy a ticket.

Hope to meet you there if you come. If not, maybe another time.

I hope 2020 is your best one yet!

Thank you for a well worded response with no attitude. It now makes sense.

Thanks Ray :)

Hey Greg,

Anthony Martin here. A buddy of mine emailed me about this thread so I thought I’d chime in to provide some clarity.

While normally I would never take time to post on this forum, since your comments have expressed concern about the authenticity & credibility behind this conference, I thought I’d offer an explanation to put your speculation to rest.

For reference, I don’t earn any money speaking at Jeff’s conference. I chose to participate as a speaker this year, as I did last year, simply because I wanted to give back. I’m incredibly grateful for the opportunity bestowed upon me, so I make a point of doing certain things to help others who wish to do the same.

This whole online marketing thing has radically changed my life, and I genuinely want the same for others. In other channels, I’ve been very open and specific about my success because I was hoping to motivate others about what is possible.

Whether you or anyone else goes to this conference is irrelevant to me. I’m not paying for any of it so the attendance level has no impact on my life. I’m going to have fun with friends no matter what. I do hope I can equip some people though.

Now that we got that out of the way, let me clear up the first thing.

Yes I did personally write over a million dollars in FE AP 100% over the phone in 2019. I did this without the assistance of any other human being.

Now, I don’t expect you or anyone to believe that, but that’s the truth.

Quite frankly, I wouldn’t believe that if I heard someone else say it. I realize it’s such an astounding figure for personal FE production that is sounds fake. I don’t blame anyone for thinking that.

But it is the truth and here is how it’s possible.

You and every other FE agent work leads. I do not. I work application requests. The only people I talked to in 2019 were folks who raised their hand and said, “I want to apply”.

I did not have a sales presentation or any kind of sales dialogue. I was simply an order taker much like a cashier rings up your groceries when you go to the grocery store.

I’m not amazing at telesales or sales in general. There was a time years ago when I worked leads and I was really good at selling FE via phone, but those days are long gone. For the last 2 years, I’ve worked only application requests, so at this point my sales skills would be very very rusty.

When people go to my site they can put in their name, phone and email to see quotes from multiple FE carriers. After seeing those rates, they can hit a button to apply. Those folks have seen the product and rates and just want to apply. Those are the folks I talk to.

My site does all the work for me.

This is literally what I say:

“Hi can I speak with [customer name]? Hi [name] this is Anthony with Choice Mutual. I’m calling you because you submitted an inquiry on our website to apply for some final expense insurance with [carrier they chose]. Did I catch you at a good time? (I’d never ask that if I worked leads)… Great well do you have any questions you want to ask me?”

Most people ask about waiting periods or rates being fixed etc. After I answer their questions, I do a risk assessment and take the app.

I’m usually in an app within 5 mins.

See how stupid easy that is? It’s so easy a freakin monkey could do it.

This is not possible with leads. However, when you’re talking to applications, you can do that very easily especially with my site. It’s January 3 and I’m already at 20k after working 2 days. That isn’t possible working leads.

To address your PPL thing…

You’re assuming a lot here. The 30K lead figure is just how many leads my site generated as a whole since it’s a metric of success. If I counted my callins, that number would go way up. You have to remember the conference is about digital marketing so most folks are marketing online or want to be. Numbers matter and generating 30k leads online is a rather big deal. It’s a metric that lends credibility to the speaker which is why it’s mentioned in my speaker bio.

I didn’t work all those leads. No one person ever could. That said, I never called, even one time, roughly 20K of them. In fact, I only talked to a fraction of the application requests.

It’s important to note that all my leads are free. My acquisition cost is $0. I don’t pay for any them. Customers find me via Google searches. Google lists my site at the top for most things (or near the top) because I do the best job at satisfying their search intent.

Because my leads are free, I had the luxury of picking and choosing which ones I called or didn’t call. In this environment, PPL does not matter.

PPL primarily matters to agents and agencies who have an acquisition cost. For them, it’s an important metric to track. Back in the day when I worked leads and had an acquisition cost, I tracked PPL too.

When I have enough agents to work all my leads, then I’ll track PPL too. Until then, it’s not a metric that will mean anything.

In Q4 of last year I hired some agents. Given my over abundance of leads, it only made sense to.

Those agents work the quote request leads and some app requests. At no point in 2019 or now did any of them or anyone else work leads and funnel them to me so I can write it up.

As I continue to hire and train agents, my personal production will steadily dwindle until eventually it’s 0. I’ll never write 1 million again because while being a self-made millionaire selling FE via phone from a comfortable office is really cool, making a million dollars in net profit per month is much cooler and that can only be done via a business which is why I’m hiring and training.

Again, last years one million figure is all personal (no agency production).

Hope this clears this up for you or anyone else who may doubt the validity of the comments made.

I’ll end with this.

Since I’ve known them, Jeff Root and the people around him like Nic West and Jason Fisher have all been extremely honest and stand up guys. They’ve delivered on everything they said they would. They’ve never lied or embellished or told me any half-truths. I’ve gotten nothing but great friendships and straight shooting from these guys. Oh and btw, I’m not contracted under them. None of them earn any money off me or my agency.

While I can easily respond to personal scrutiny, I cannot comment about the bio’s of the other speakers. That said, I’d bet my website (which is worth millions and millions of dollars) that every single thing said about those other speakers is perfectly accurate and not in any way twisted to get you or someone else to buy a ticket.

Hope to meet you there if you come. If not, maybe another time.

I hope 2020 is your best one yet!

How does someone learn this power?

How does someone learn this power?

I had a feeling someone would ask this.

I'll respond to you since you asked.

This will be my last response in this thread. Sorry if you or someone else asks me a follow up question. I'm just not going to respond to due how little time I have.

Getting a site to rank in google is function of two main things:
  1. Best in class (cannot overstate this enough) content aimed at answering users questions.
  2. Backlinks from other websites.
This is a very very simple way of describing this. There's lots of nuance to it and other technical stuff, but those two things are 85% of the formula.

Just know a few things if you want to pursue something like this:
  1. It's incredibly time consuming to do.
  2. It takes years and years before you get big traction as I did (assuming you work as hard as I did for as long as I did)
  3. You cannot buy backlinks.
  4. You cannot hire an "seo agency" to do this for you.
  5. There is no quick or easy way to do this.
It's a mega grind of hard work, and one that will take many years.

That said, if you still want to explore it, start by buying Jeff Roots book. It's the exact foundation I used to get my start. You'll definitely to go beyond what he teaches, but it's the perfect beginner guide.

Best of luck to you!!

Anthony is an SEO genius. Nic and Jeff are far ahead of the curve in the telesales arena. I did not attend this event last year due to a conflict, however, my colleague was there and will be back again this year.

One thought - and I mean no disrespect to Anthony - he notes that his lead cost is $0, but he spends tons of his valuable time driving business to his site. He is fortunate that he has the expertise to do it himself - people like me would need to hire an army of consultants.

Latest posts

Back