Digital Senior Benefits FE telesales - thoughts?

JRoot, just 4 last questions:

1. What is the persistency rate for FE (Final Expense) business written with DBGA?

2. Do you have a department at DBGA that works to keep business that may fall off? And by this I mean, a continuity department, or essentially a department that works to keep business that is in danger of being charged-back?

3. Does DBGA send out a welcome packet to all new clients/customers?

And last but not least:

4. Does DBGA have a convention, get together, pow wow once a year where DBGA agents can get together, break bread, network and hang out?

Thanks, in advance, for answering my questions JRoot: I appreciate you!

Just my opinion -

You are going to talk yourself out of this before you even get started.

If you are going with them or anyone else Do it or Don't. There is a saying about paralysis by analysis.

You have gotten advise by agents that have been in this business for a while. I get the impression you are getting some from offline people as well. Which of course is cool. But filter the agents from the people trying to sell you. Also remember you need the agency more than they need you at this point in your career. As you become a superstar that may switch. But not today.

I can always tell when a client or prospect is speaking with another agent. I then need to decide if I want that person in my book of business.

Again, just IMohsoHO.

Hey Wino, good point, and it's taken.

I just want to be sure that I've looked at every corner. I got SCREWED by my IMO because I didn't know what I didn't know. I am still brand-new to the insurance industry, but I learned a lot after getting my hands nearly burned off from the IMO I was with. From what I understand, the IMO I was with was infamous for bringing in brand-new clients who don't know anything, beyond having taken their insurance test and getting certified.

This forum has SAVED me from nearly signing up with VFG and Daviso, and I'm grateful to each of you for your bravery and forthrightness. I owe a handful of you an adult beverage if I ever get the opportunity to meet you!

When I brushed the dust off me, after I saw the lead-scam my IMO was running, along with other tactics I've seen MLMs use, I made a vow to myself that I would look under every corner and angle, with the next group I worked with, and perform a deep due diligence. I would ask questions of them, talk to agents working with them, and look up their online records.

What has been VERY refreshing is, anytime I've had more questions of DBGA, the young man I interviewed with has been very helpful. Not once did he shut me down, and cause me to doubt myself for asking questions about DBGA, and he understood I was just doing my due diligence.

I'm excited to get going with DBGA, and no, I'm not talking myself out of this.

Last edited:
JRoot, just 4 last questions:

1. What is the persistency rate for FE (Final Expense) business written with DBGA?

2. Do you have a department at DBGA that works to keep business that may fall off? And by this I mean, a continuity department, or essentially a department that works to keep business that is in danger of being charged-back?

3. Does DBGA send out a welcome packet to all new clients/customers?

And last but not least:

4. Does DBGA have a convention, get together, pow wow once a year where DBGA agents can get together, break bread, network and hang out?

Thanks, in advance, for answering my questions JRoot: I appreciate you!

These are all great questions for our onboarding team (you're likely speaking with Josh) and you can ask live on our bi-weekly webinar for prospective agents (you can register here).

1. It depends on the agent and if they're following our telesales training. If that's the case - final expense is over 84% 13 month persistency. Term is over 95%.

2. Yes, we have a conservation team that works all pending lapses and also keeps you in the loop.

3. We send the policy directly to the clients, yes. You don't get involved.

4. Yes, we just had ours in Vegas a few months ago. 110 agents showed up and we had incredible speakers who were mostly highly successful telesales agents (no carriers or vendors pitching you). Will be in either Vegas or San Diego next year. It was a ton of fun.

JRoot, Oh my goodness thank you!!! And yes that’s him: Josh is a gem!

I cannot wait to work with you & DBGA. I’m excited for what’s ahead.

Thank you for helping to keep agents safe from harm (my near-miss with a violent criminal was enough for me to know I never wanted to willingly put myself in an unsafe situation like that again), and in front of a much-needed new wave of technology that will help so many more people get Final Expense coverage : I appreciate you so much.

Now, as I like to say when I’m stepping onto a new path: “And aaaaaaaawwwwwwaaaaaayyyyyy we gooooooooooooooo!”

A couple of questions Mr Root.You must be cherry picking who you write to have 84% persistency on Fe telesales . In other words they must really be qualified interested buyers. I don't know how many homes i enter the people only have a debit card and we must search for a long time to find the account #. Thats tough to do on the phone. Also the persuasion it takes to sell many people has to be face to face or i'd never get the sale. Like i said your leads must be very interested buyers.

A couple of questions Mr Root.You must be cherry picking who you write to have 84% persistency on Fe telesales . In other words they must really be qualified interested buyers. I don't know how many homes i enter the people only have a debit card and we must search for a long time to find the account #. Thats tough to do on the phone. Also the persuasion it takes to sell many people has to be face to face or i'd never get the sale. Like i said your leads must be very interested buyers.

I am.not JRoot but I can answer for him in this case....

Persistence of 84% comes from two things.
#1. Decent marketing
#2. Selling the policy correctly and servicing the business correctly.

Telesales is not lower persistence than f2f when sold correctly.

I am.not JRoot but I can answer for him in this case....

Persistence of 84% comes from two things.
#1. Decent marketing
#2. Selling the policy correctly and servicing the business correctly.

Telesales is not lower persistence than f2f when sold correctly.

THIS 100%

I'll also add that consumers who fill out a form online are much different prospects than consumers who fill out a direct mail piece. There's some overlap, but for the most part we're dealing with different buckets of fixed income seniors...so it's hard to understand each side.

Personally, I don't understand how door knocking is profitable for DM leads...but I know it works. I've never done it so I'll never understand. Just like f2f agents don't understand a lot of the telesales business since they've never tried it with quality leads/training

Back