Dipper/smokeless Tobacco User

When you start over worrying the commission, murphy's law gives you what ever you make X zero. Over worry commission and you tend not to make the sale. Write the business in the best place for the client. You'll get paid. Then you may get referred by the guy down the road and make some more money.

Cause think what the guy's going to say about you when he finds out you sold him a higher cost product for the higher commission? Chargebacks are a bitch.

That's fine Jake, I looked back and I failed to put the face amount in the first post. No I am not currently contracted with Pru, but I can contract with them through American Brokerage Service. It is were all of my other contracts are at except Grange Mutual, Transamerica, Symetra, One America, and National Security which are direct appointments.
Our agency has let the life, health, and med sup suffer in the past few years and I came on last year and it has been my focus to fix that. I have brought in several new carriers on all fronts which has helped dramatically. We were just not competitive price wise with one or two carriers.
Commissions are no huge deal to me, I will write more than enough to pick up the slack on this one, its just amazing to me the varied levels of comp offered by the different companies.

That's fine Jake, I looked back and I failed to put the face amount in the first post. No I am not currently contracted with Pru, but I can contract with them through American Brokerage Service. It is were all of my other contracts are at except Grange Mutual, Transamerica, Symetra, One America, and National Security which are direct appointments.
Our agency has let the life, health, and med sup suffer in the past few years and I came on last year and it has been my focus to fix that. I have brought in several new carriers on all fronts which has helped dramatically. We were just not competitive price wise with one or two carriers.
Commissions are no huge deal to me, I will write more than enough to pick up the slack on this one, its just amazing to me the varied levels of comp offered by the different companies.

The reason I asked is that I ran into a similar situation where Pru seemed a lot less than Trans. I found that in some cases, brokers are not allowed to sell all their products (Pru). They are reserved for career agents. I worked with Prudential briefly several years back and I do remember such things. I never got contracted with them since, but was wandering if you have any information to confirm/contradict this?

Jack that is a good question and haven't really thought of it. I will know more Monday morning when I can speak with my rep and get his insight. I would imagine however that if it is appearing in my quote engine from ABS, it is sellable by an indy like me.

Jack that is a good question and haven't really thought of it. I will know more Monday morning when I can speak with my rep and get his insight. I would imagine however that if it is appearing in my quote engine from ABS, it is sellable by an indy like me.

I have not run into a Pru product that I couldn't sell (not saying there aren't any)...

That being said, pick them up. In my earlier post I mentioned how competitive they can be be for certain underwriting. They are also a current age company which can help.

Your GA definitely has them. Pru is on their website.

Last edited:

well, if you think about it, let me know. You can answer here or PM me Mon or Tues. I had thought of picking them back up, but they used to be a booger on UW. I guess that has since changed?

----------

Thanks TahoeRay, too.

Back