Disclaimer Carrier and Plans number?

I'm really hoping to hear what others are doing about this

People who work multible states where it may be too hard to have a specific number readably available

Not that it's an easy path, but Search & Save has a "Plans and Carriers" tab under account settings whereby you can list the number of carriers and plans you represent in each county. But you have to enter it yourself so it's going to be very time consuming.

Otherwise I would recommend you guestimate the totals. I would think that if a person guestimates on the low side, they stand to get in less trouble than if they overestimate. And that assumes someone is going to actually review every persons communication with a Medicare Beneficiary and then check to see if they do in fact represent the number of plans and carriers the agent states. It's going to be impossible to police this.

Not that it's an easy path, but Search & Save has a "Plans and Carriers" tab under account settings whereby you can list the number of carriers and plans you represent in each county. But you have to enter it yourself so it's going to be very time consuming.

Otherwise I would recommend you guestimate the totals. I would think that if a person guestimates on the low side, they stand to get in less trouble than if they overestimate. And that assumes someone is going to actually review every persons communication with a Medicare Beneficiary and then check to see if they do in fact represent the number of plans and carriers the agent states. It's going to be impossible to police this.

Yes if it were feasible I would just create some kind of spread sheet

But I think what I all do is some kind of average

at this point I am only working my book I am not even advertising Medicare anymore

If I do ever in the future it will only be locally, I am in TN now but thinking about a move to Ohio next year

How am I supposed to do this? I am understanding now I am supposed to provide exact number for each state and each county I speak with someone

So If I Speak to people in various counties in 15 states how in the world am I supposed to do this?

Below is the information I received from an Integrity FMO. Basically, it says, CMS hasn't told us how to do this & to figure it out the best way you can or make a good faith effort!

"CMS does not provide any additional guidance, so it is unclear how CMS expects the number of Carriers represented and Plans offered to be populated across various media, such as TPMO websites, electronic communications, or marketing materials. This is particularly difficult for media that span multiple service areas where differing products may be available, such as a website. This is an area where additional guidance from CMS as to how to implement this requirement would be helpful, and we hope CMS will provide additional sub‑regulatory guidance."

"In the meantime, TPMOs should comply with the requirement when feasible to do so. Otherwise, TPMOs should comply to the extent feasible and be able to demonstrate a good faith attempt to comply with the requirement when it is not feasible."

"In the absence of CMS guidance, the following are some possible scenarios and ways that may convey a good faith attempt to comply with the requirement. You could use language elsewhere on your website to describe and make clear the service areas where you sell Plans. If the number of Carriers and the number of Plans is not uniform throughout the service areas, then you could use number ranges for the number of Carriers and the number of Plans. The ranges would include the lowest number in a service area, which would be zero if you do not offer Plans in a service area, and the highest number in a service area."

Below is the information I received from an Integrity FMO. Basically, it says, CMS hasn't told us how to do this & to figure it out the best way you can or make a good faith effort!

"CMS does not provide any additional guidance, so it is unclear how CMS expects the number of Carriers represented and Plans offered to be populated across various media, such as TPMO websites, electronic communications, or marketing materials. This is particularly difficult for media that span multiple service areas where differing products may be available, such as a website. This is an area where additional guidance from CMS as to how to implement this requirement would be helpful, and we hope CMS will provide additional sub‑regulatory guidance."

"In the meantime, TPMOs should comply with the requirement when feasible to do so. Otherwise, TPMOs should comply to the extent feasible and be able to demonstrate a good faith attempt to comply with the requirement when it is not feasible."

"In the absence of CMS guidance, the following are some possible scenarios and ways that may convey a good faith attempt to comply with the requirement. You could use language elsewhere on your website to describe and make clear the service areas where you sell Plans. If the number of Carriers and the number of Plans is not uniform throughout the service areas, then you could use number ranges for the number of Carriers and the number of Plans. The ranges would include the lowest number in a service area, which would be zero if you do not offer Plans in a service area, and the highest number in a service area."

Absolute hilarity from CMS - Create a stupid rule with no guidance on how to abide by it. Clowns smh

What is this about?

Have you not certified through AHIP or any carriers yet? For 2024, in all marketing pieces you will have to amend the prior disclosure regarding not marketing all plans to include the number of carriers and plans you represent. Something along these lines:

“We do not offer every plan available in your area. Currently we represent [insert number of organizations] organizations which offer [insert number of plans] products in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov, 1-800-MEDICARE, or your local State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) to get information on all of your options.”

The challenge here is there are various numbers of MA plans from county to county. It's impossible for this disclaimer to be accurate in every zip code. Just more idiocy from bureaucrats.

Have you not certified through AHIP or any carriers yet? For 2024, in all marketing pieces you will have to amend the prior disclosure regarding not marketing all plans to include the number of carriers and plans you represent. Something along these lines:

“We do not offer every plan available in your area. Currently we represent [10+] organizations which offer [40+] products in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov, 1-800-MEDICARE, or your local State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) to get information on all of your options.”

I've been busy working on RICP and haven't blasted out AHIP yet. This is the 1st that I'm hearing about this latest and greatest bullshit but my initial thought is to do something like my edits to sman's post above.

I've been busy working on RICP and haven't blasted out AHIP yet. This is the 1st that I'm hearing about this latest and greatest bullshit but my initial thought is to do something like my edits to sman's post above.

Caveat, not an agent.

I like your idea.

My thought when I first saw the discussion (was if I was an agent) was to pick the plan counts for the area I covered that had the lowest plan counts and put those in the disclaimer. If the number count followed by + doesn't get an agent crossways with CMS, I like that concept even better.

Back