Disclaimer Carrier and Plans number?

Last year, the first 5 days of AEP I was all trying to do the disclaimer thing in the 1st few minutes.

Rarely got it "within a minute" [Sorry Jane that John died but hold on a minute I need to read a disclaimer.]

After a few days I was basically like, yeah, this is stupid.

I still will do it and it's now on my "welcome ringer" so when people call in they have to hear it but it's just plain dumb.

Same thing with counting their plans. I just don't see a feasible way to do it. I'll tell them we do 1,873 or whatever from 15 carriers or whatever across 13 states. We can define "their area" as America. We tried. Move on and actually sell
I've never been able to do it either.

I'm going within the minute it becomes a sales call, you know after the rapport building sesh.

Am I wrong. Doesn't the disclaimer come to be after it becomes a sales call? When we are just chatting I'm not selling anything. Ugh.

Yes, crapshoot crap. I'm terrible at this. I can hardly not add in (and I have) these are what I offer, "the only carriers that matter" have to stop myself from that one

I've never been able to do it either.

I'm going within the minute it becomes a sales call, you know after the rapport building sesh.

Am I wrong. Doesn't the disclaimer come to be after it becomes a sales call? When we are just chatting I'm not selling anything. Ugh.

Yes, crapshoot crap. I'm terrible at this. I can hardly not add in (and I have) these are what I offer, "the only carriers that matter" have to stop myself from that one

I actually have a really good voice over lady on fiverr that I've used for several things.

Last year paid her $10 ($15?) for the audio.

She starts, "Medicare requires every agent to play this 15 second disclosure statement" before starting it... That way when people hear it they just hit the snooze button for 15 and it's not my voice.

When I personally play it, ie outbound call where they didn't hear it on my welcome message - since I'm on my iMac I use loopback for it and just hit play on my computer. They then hear the audio while I do whatever I need to do (relaunch CSG or whatever) then it's done.

Loopback is awesome.

I also have the whole security question signature recorded for UHC and will do it for anything else we have to repetitively read - just hit play - grab my coffee. They hear it and it's 100% perfectly read every time.

I would do Aetna's disclaimer that we have to read but haven't written them since the writing was on the wall w/ Accendo.

Loopback is awesome.

I also have the whole security question signature recorded for UHC and will do it for anything else we have to repetitively read - just hit play - grab my coffee. They hear it and it's 100% perfectly read every time.

I would do Aetna's disclaimer that we have to read but haven't written them since the writing was on the wall w/ Accendo.
Thanks! That's great unless youre a technical *** like me. I have a mini laptop, nothing high tech and no idea how to do that.

I need Papa Pal to come show me how to do that (kidding, old but not that old yet). Don't even know what loopback or fiverr is.

:chatterbox: I don't even have a facebook, insta, and despise tech. Stubborn old school agent here, just missing the old Human side of sales.

Ok, enough complaining. That does sound like a great way to get it done. A recording would make it right every time. Thanks. Fiverr and Loopback.

You remind me that I need to step it up.:noteworthy:

How am I supposed to do this? I am understanding now I am supposed to provide exact number for each state and each county I speak with someone

So If I Speak to people in various counties in 15 states how in the world am I supposed to do this?
Do you have Medicare Center? Medicare Center has the call scripts with the number of plans automatically if you put in the client's zip code.

But how many of you doing face to face appointments have actually read this disclaimer, plans or no plans, now that AEP has started?

Do you have Medicare Center? Medicare Center has the call scripts with the number of plans automatically if you put in the client's zip code.

But how many of you doing face to face appointments have actually read this disclaimer, plans or no plans, now that AEP has started?

Sure do I often though find that the conversation goes for a while before I even get to the quote ( I am talking to 95% clients right now) and especially with PDP I am going to med.gov to quote

then by the time I am starting app and go to Medicare center that is when I say ooh I have to say this as well

Yes it is helpful they have the number of companies and plans up but still when it becomes a slales call after the small talk

I am only started to get leads as of yesterdays, but I cant imagined it will go well if that is the first thing out of my mouth,

I have not spoken to any yet save 3 who said not intrested before I could even say the disclaimer or anything else but can see how that is going to go

and for this reason I am concerned about paying for live transfer calls

also I am still on a list from when I checked out a ad several years ago and get called to make me a live transfers and when I let it go through None of them say the disclaimer I have done about 5 or so this year just to see what other companies do and I have to find one that actually says the disclaimer

still though that does not help me they have a hire and fire blame the agent and keep moving attitude, I need to protect myself

yet they were the trouble in the first place and are unaffected , Not me but I am greatly effected

Sure do I often though find that the conversation goes for a while before I even get to the quote ( I am talking to 95% clients right now) and especially with PDP I am going to med.gov to quote

still though that does not help me they have a hire and fire blame the agent and keep moving attitude, I need to protect myself

yet they were the trouble in the first place and are unaffected , Not me but I am greatly effected

Go sell. Just do the best you can. Protect yourself the best you can. It really comes down to "what's your intention" if thats good, then youre good.

I won't even go into the anxiety level I'm at right now jumping through these hoops. Its there. It's real. Eye on the prize (sometimes I ask myself what is the prize...lol) But I keep going at it hard. If your leads are coming in just get after em.

Back