Disclaimer Carrier and Plans number?

Have you not certified through AHIP or any carriers yet? For 2024, in all marketing pieces you will have to amend the prior disclosure regarding not marketing all plans to include the number of carriers and plans you represent. Something along these lines:

“We do not offer every plan available in your area. Currently we represent [insert number of organizations] organizations which offer [insert number of plans] products in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov, 1-800-MEDICARE, or your local State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) to get information on all of your options.”

The challenge here is there are various numbers of MA plans from county to county. It's impossible for this disclaimer to be accurate in every zip code. Just more idiocy from bureaucrats.

No, I havent done AHIP yet. Appreciate the info. And yeah that's ridiculous...the "we don't represent every plan in your area" is more than enough IMO.

are we supposed to add the prescription drug plans we offer also? usually the rules for pdp follow the mapd rules.

The issue for me with this is that they are creating a situation where you will always be out of compliance with no real way of becoming compliant, especially with websites.

Complaint comes in, sorry your website is not compliant.

Guesstimating is fine, but still not compliant.

They really screwed us with this dumb rule.

The issue for me with this is that they are creating a situation where you will always be out of compliance with no real way of becoming compliant, especially with websites.

Complaint comes in, sorry your website is not compliant.

Guesstimating is fine, but still not compliant.

They really screwed us with this dumb rule.

Here is what I put on my website. Probably still not good enough, lol:

https://www.startmedicareright.com/new-page-2

Last year, the first 5 days of AEP I was all trying to do the disclaimer thing in the 1st few minutes.

Rarely got it "within a minute" [Sorry Jane that John died but hold on a minute I need to read a disclaimer.]

After a few days I was basically like, yeah, this is stupid.

I still will do it and it's now on my "welcome ringer" so when people call in they have to hear it but it's just plain dumb.

Same thing with counting their plans. I just don't see a feasible way to do it. I'll tell them we do 1,873 or whatever from 15 carriers or whatever across 13 states. We can define "their area" as America. We tried. Move on and actually sell

Ok, looking at the rules this is how I see it. Number of companies: We represent "X" companies in the Missouri and Kansas.

Plan we represent "X" plans. To me the plans are as follows: (Types of plans)
MAPD
MA
MSP
PDP
DSNP
CSNP
PFFS

Thus I would offer (7) plans and "X" number of companies.

New Verbiage in TPMO Disclaimer -
If a TPMO does not sell for all MA organizations in the service area the disclaimer consists of the statement: “We do not offer every plan available in your area. Currently we represent[insert number of organizations] organizations which offer [insert number of plans] products in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov, 1-800-MEDICARE, or your local State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) to get information on all of your options.” If the TPMO sells for all MA organizations in the service area the disclaimer consists of the statement: ‘‘Currently we represent [insert number of organizations] organizations which offer [insert number of plans] products in your area. You can always contactMedicare.gov, 1–800–MEDICARE, or your local State Health Insurance Program for help with plan choices.’’ 42 CFR 422.2267 (e)(41)
Note: All other requirements regarding the TPMO disclaimer, such as timing of
6/13/23, 11:05 PM Overview of the CMS changes regarding Final Rule 2023
the disclaimer during sales calls, remain the same.

I don't rep all plans but I do show the customer the best suggestion on Medicare.gov if it's not something I personally sell, do so I say, All companies are available but I only get paid on some? lol. so stupid. I'll ask for forgiveness when the time comes.

Back