Disect my Day.

On #3, ask what will happen if he dies next week, does his mother have enough money to bury you, and if she does, does he want his mother dealing with the hassle.
He convinced he is going to outlive his mother.. You will not change his mind.. next prospect.

Another one that is hard to deal with is the one that tells you, "I am not going to die .. I am going to be raptured".. I have tried reasoning with them and telling them that, "2000 years ago the apostles thought they would live to see Jesus' return.. but they died.. In fact, every generation since has expected the same and they have died.. What makes you so certain you won't do the same?" Don't think that in 43 years I have ever sold a person with that mindset.. In fact, I no longer even try.. I just look for the next prospect.

? on #1 How much does she owe on her mortgage?

IF she croaks, does she now have enough coverage to pay off mortgage

She has another Globe term policy for 55K. Not sure of the specifics of the policy since she couldn't find it, I was looking at her monthly statement, which stated that she had 55K in coverage.

I tried to call Globe but there wasn't anybody in to take my calls.

----------

On #3, ask what will happen if he dies next week, does his mother have enough money to bury you, and if she does, does he want his mother dealing with the hassle.

I asked him that very same question. He said if he did that his mom would have to deal with it. This guy just didn't care about anybody but himself.

What should I say to the person when they ask what it is that I'm doing there in regards to the information that they requested?

When I doorknock, which is rare, I have the lead in hand. First I apologize for being there and not calling, {since I'm only doorknocking the ones without a number}.

Then I show them the reply card and tell that's why I've been trying to reach them. Then I ask if they have a few minutes to talk about it. If they don't I leave. If they say it's a bad time then I ask for a phone number so I can call them the next time.

I'm not discussing any business at the door. If they won't let me in then I'm done with them. That lead goes in the trash.

When I doorknock, which is rare, I have the lead in hand. First I apologize for being there and not calling, {since I'm only doorknocking the ones without a number}.

Then I show them the reply card and tell that's why I've been trying to reach them. Then I ask if they have a few minutes to talk about it. If they don't I leave. If they say it's a bad time then I ask for a phone number so I can call them the next time.

I'm not discussing any business at the door. If they won't let me in then I'm done with them. That lead goes in the trash.

I can't wait to get to your level of experience. For a new FE agent throwing away a lead and not discussing things at the front door is very hard to do. Still working on it. :twitchy:

Door #6: I would have accepted the beer or asked for an alternative. I almost always accept anything that is offered to me by a client or prospect, and if they don't offer me anything to drink, I ask.

I can't wait to get to your level of experience. For a new FE agent throwing away a lead and not discussing things at the front door is very hard to do. Still working on it. :twitchy:

Yes, that is a hard lesson to learn but I learned it 6 months into this career. Would have sooner if I had ever been a doorknocker. You don't need years of experience to see that doesn't get policies sold if you can't get in. You have already seen it firsthand.

I believe doing BOTH door-knocking AND phone calling is vital, in order to truly maximize the potential of EVERY lead bought. One of my top agents wrote about 13K this week. He wrote 9K in 1 day this week (SATURDAY)...YES IN 1 DAY!!! He door-knocks FIRST and calls as an absolute last resort. He doesn't throw ANY leads away because his mindset is that it was just bad timing and the prospect will be a client sooner or later even when he's been rejected at the door.

I used to do that too. And it is true that it's just bad timing sometimes. I still throw them away when they won't set an appointment or when they won't let me in the door. If it's bad timing then maybe it won't be on the next mailing and they return another card that time?:yes:

When you're in the posture of "I need you more than you need me", it's very defensive. Find a way to be in an attitude of abundance, so throwing away a lead is not so hard to do.

I never had a problem with trashing a lead and I started out only getting 5 per week.

The hardest lesson I ever learned in this business was to tell people no when calling for appointments. I mean you are calling for tomorrow and they say they can't meet tomorrow but they could meet the day after. Being able to tell them, "No, I'm not going to be there the day after tomorrow or the next day, I'm going to be there tomorrow".

That was very hard and I had to make myself do it. It goes against your nature but my business took off once I learned to say no.

Back