Disect my Day.

Door 3, 4, 7

Don't hand the client the card.. Show them the card.

KNOCK and Stand back 6 ft from the door.

When they answer...say...
"hi Gary, my office sent me here to get you the information you requested"

as you take a couple small steps forward, hold up the card and point to it... and say...
"you mailed this card in to us about the funeral benefit"

then... start to walk up as if you're walking in the house... and say..
"you got 2 minutes" while you nod your head and keep walking in...

giving ANY information at the door is a big NO NO
the client isn't always stupid, they just don't want to bother inviting you in

once you're in don't break your pitch/sales format

When a client tells me at the door they are busy or sick or are having a bad day or getting ready to go somewhere, I say
"this will take 2 minutes and I'm going to make it quick, I promise"

Once you leave that house without getting in, you're chasing them around wasting time you don't need to waste.

I will bet you anything that when you did a ride along with Joe C, he had Heather or Christine call to set up a couple of appointments.

Order more than 15 leads a week and start calling/setting appointments up.

When I doorknock, which is rare, I have the lead in hand. First I apologize for being there and not calling, {since I'm only doorknocking the ones without a number}.

Then I show them the reply card and tell that's why I've been trying to reach them. Then I ask if they have a few minutes to talk about it. If they don't I leave. If they say it's a bad time then I ask for a phone number so I can call them the next time.

I'm not discussing any business at the door. If they won't let me in then I'm done with them. That lead goes in the trash.

Completely agree except for ONE thing. I refuse to fill up my trash with those. I hand it to them and say "here, you can have this back"

Door 3, 4, 7

Don't hand the client the card.. Show them the card.

KNOCK and Stand back 6 ft from the door.

When they answer...say...
"hi Gary, my office sent me here to get you the information you requested"

as you take a couple small steps forward, hold up the card and point to it... and say...
"you mailed this card in to us about the funeral benefit"

I will bet you anything that when you did a ride along with Joe C, he had Heather or Christine call to set up a couple of appointments.

This is the approach I already use. I state "I'm Chris, the company asked that I come see you. It seems recently you mailed this card in requesting more information about the programs you can qualify for to pay for your final expenses. Can I come inside to talk?"

That is what I say at the door.

In regards to a ride-a-long with Joe C. I haven't yet done one. I'm scheduled to ride with him this Wed. I've only done one ride-a-long with my manager Jack S.

Everything I've learned so far has been from reading books, reading the forum, and listening to Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy, and a few others on my Ipod in the car.

This is the approach I already use. I state "I'm Chris, the company asked that I come see you. It seems recently you mailed this card in requesting more information about the programs you can qualify for to pay for your final expenses. Can I come inside to talk?"

That is what I say at the door.

In regards to a ride-a-long with Joe C. I haven't yet done one. I'm scheduled to ride with him this Wed. I've only done one ride-a-long with my manager Jack S.

Everything I've learned so far has been from reading books, reading the forum, and listening to Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy, and a few others on my Ipod in the car.

If you Ask if to come in, they will often say no...

But if you try my method, which is completely different, you're almost hypnotizing them to invite you in...

You had a good first day man, keep it up...

If you Ask if to come in, they will often say no...

But if you try my method, which is completely different, you're almost hypnotizing them to invite you in...

You had a good first day man, keep it up...
If you try your way at my house, you are to get a rude awakening..If you are polite and ask you may well get invited in.

If you try your way at my house, you are to get a rude awakening..If you are polite and ask you may well get invited in.

Yeah, I had a lady raise her voice at me at the door once.. she told me how rude I was for not introducing myself and that I came off as being pushy...

I sold her and her husband a $125 premium

My style isn't for everyone... but I RARELY get turned away!

Yeah, I had a lady raise her voice at me at the door once.. she told me how rude I was for not introducing myself and that I came off as being pushy...

I sold her and her husband a $125 premium

My style isn't for everyone... but I RARELY get turned away!

To each his own.. My door would be one of those RARE occasions..

Back