Does commission get updated on a Humana plan change through Inside Sales?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
Longtime Humana mb that I lost touch with did a plan change through Inside Sales when he moved for 4-1-23 effective date. I am now receiving only $13.33/mo for him. Will it update to $25.08 or does it continue at $13.33? I guess that I’m lucky that I get to keep anything at all since we are talking about Humana.

Longtime Humana mb that I lost touch with did a plan change through Inside Sales when he moved for 4-1-23 effective date. I am now receiving only $13.33/mo for him. Will it update to $25.08 or does it continue at $13.33? I guess that I’m lucky that I get to keep anything at all since we are talking about Humana.

As far as I know, it should update.

I am pretty sure if you switched him to a different plan it would update. If I recall, I had one switched by internal sales and it stayed on the old amount.

It will be the new commission. It’s a new plan and new commissions . The renewal you got was for March . You should be getting a 9 month advance of $225 .

It will be the new commission. It’s a new plan and new commissions . The renewal you got was for March . You should be getting a 9 month advance of $225 .

Even a policy written before 2020? That was a magic year that started the annual update of all renewal commissions for UHC and Humana MAs.

Even a policy written before 2020? That was a magic year that started the annual update of all renewal commissions for UHC and Humana MAs.

It’s irrelevant when it was written . I’ve replaced many plans 4-7 yrs old and got full commissions .

I just checked on one I can remember. I originally wrote in 2018 with a $19.00 renewal. She called in to internal sales and was switched to a completely different plan in May of 2021. I am still the AOR but at the original 2018 rate for renewal. This was after their policy change in 2020 to pay fair market value. If you switch them to a different plan you get the new rate. If they do it you do not.

I just checked on one I can remember. I originally wrote in 2018 with a $19.00 renewal. She called in to internal sales and was switched to a completely different plan in May of 2021. I am still the AOR but at the original 2018 rate for renewal. This was after their policy change in 2020 to pay fair market value. If you switch them to a different plan you get the new rate. If they do it you do not.

That’s what I was thinking.
I think that UHC does the same?

So what your saying is the new policy is updated on your actives. But instead of getting advanced on the new policy for the rest of the yr which you’d get if you wrote the old lower renewal just continues? Interesting . Wehotex you’ll know next month . Let us know .

2 new changes at Humana
that have cost me big money .No $60 health assessment if its Humana to Humana . United and rest pay the hsa no matter what . Also in my state if you moved someone from another company to Humana that paid full true up . No more . Even with free leads to make $225 April , $200 May , $175 June it’s not worth my time to write Humana going forward till aep . The overriding fmo making more than me .

Back