Door knocking

I've been doing it that way for a very a long time. I would say since my Insurance infancy days. Maybe after my 5th year or so.

It's the same if I am writing SI or traditional policies. Mostly different market than you guys that run leads. So I can see that not working for guys that buy leads on the typical FE market. I think I have one DE client referred, on the book a a hand full of direct monthly. Again just a different client base.

I normally have already gotten all their info including meds, also given them some quote options.

Back in my road warrior days I drive hundreds of miles in a day running appointments. Now I may do a couple F2F a month. I am not driving if they do not want to see me. I have been mostly phone since before phone was cool.

I am not an FE agent. I write SI as just Life Insurance with tables built in. Like my friends last night he had a Stroke a year ago, plus another issue, She has a of couple issues as well. SI made sense for them. But they are not typical FE market.

You work for a good crew, do what they do.

Many ways to do what we do.

Understood. I figured you weren't an FE guy. That's why I made
I’d say the vast # of people look confused when you show them the card . They act like they know nothing about it . I flip the card and show them there address sticker and they know . But again if there hell bent on not letting you in you ain’t getting in . If you pressure them you wasted your time or if they buy they’ll call and cancel . The main think in door knocking is getting past the screener at door . What’s this about ? “ John contacted our office about benefits he might qualify for . He asked that we come out here to see if he qualifies. Works 90% of the time . It’s not necessarily what you say it’s HOW you say it . The difference levels of excitement in your voice very important.

I show them the lead on my tablet. I don't even have a physical card to show.

I can tell you, it makes no difference. I get in almost every door. Rarely get porched

I’d say the vast # of people look confused when you show them the card . They act like they know nothing about it . I flip the card and show them there address sticker and they know . But again if there hell bent on not letting you in you ain’t getting in . If you pressure them you wasted your time or if they buy they’ll call and cancel . The main think in door knocking is getting past the screener at door . What’s this about ? “ John contacted our office about benefits he might qualify for . He asked that we come out here to see if he qualifies. Works 90% of the time . It’s not necessarily what you say it’s HOW you say it . The difference levels of excitement in your voice very important.

I agree.

Understood. I figured you weren't an FE guy. That's why I made

I show them the lead on my tablet. I don't even have a physical card to show.

I can tell you, it makes no difference. I get in almost every door. Rarely get porched

Most would agree with you . The physical lead irrelevant.Like most people will bring a pad holding the lead card to the door . They say it doesn’t matter that it cry’s salesman . I like to put the lead in my pocket and knock . When they start opening I pull the lead out . I’ve seen very successful door knockers say “ Mrs Jones you filled this card out to see what type life ins you qualify for “ . Others say never mention life ins at the door . Personally I don’t mention life ins at the door . I don’t like knocking $300-$500 k houses as skepticism of a person showing up at the door much higher . Also a ring bell much tougher as much fewer answer . On the 2 above I’ll leave delivery receipts . In the end I never throw a lead away till it’s a yes or no at the door . A no on the phone is irrelevant to me . I’m still knocking it . In the end no matter what method you use activity producers results .You 100% knock are appts first then knock ?

I’m sure my approach at the door keeps me from getting in some homes that I could get in by pushing a little.

But I’m ok with that.

I’ll see them next time. And hopefully they have bought from some agent that pushed their way in.

I don’t like knocking $300-$500 k houses as skepticism of a person showing up at the door much higher.

How many of these homes have you knocked? I ask because I have to assume that that is what you think, and not what you've experienced.

That is all I've been knocking, about 4 hours per day, six days a week, for going on 3 years. Not one of them has bit me yet. However, I did catch covid from one of them. I got in and was doing the fact find when she remembered she had covid and exclaimed "oh my goodness I should have a mask on! You shouldn't be here! I have covid!"

By the next morning, so did I.

I did have the police called on me once ... once ... by a panicked older lady who didn't even come to the door. She pulled back a curtain and shouted at me through a dusty closed window to go away, which I did immediately. I wasn't three doors down before a Township police officer came driving slowly down the street.

The one who gave me covid bought.

The lady who called the police didn't.

The ratio of skeptical jerks to friendly folks is surprisingly and thankfully low.

I never ring, always knock. Ring doorbell cameras don't bother me. Sometimes people engage through the camera. Most of the time, if they are going to engage, they come to the door and do it face to face.

In general, humans are wonderful creatures.

How many of these homes have you knocked? I ask because I have to assume that that is what you think, and not what you've experienced.

That is all I've been knocking, about 4 hours per day, six days a week, for going on 3 years. Not one of them has bit me yet. However, I did catch covid from one of them. I got in and was doing the fact find when she remembered she had covid and exclaimed "oh my goodness I should have a mask on! You shouldn't be here! I have covid!"

I did have the police called on me once ... once ... by a panicked older lady who didn't even come to the door. She pulled back a curtain and shouted at me through a dusty closed window to go away, which I did immediately. I wasn't three doors down before a Township police officer came driving slowly down the street.

The ratio of skeptical jerks to friendly folks is surprisingly and thankfully low.

I never ring, always knock. Ring doorbell cameras don't bother me. Sometimes people engage through the camera. Most of the time, if they are going to engage, they come to the door and do it face to face.

A really nice house here is $250K.

I hate to pull up at $300k and up houses.

I go ahead and see what’s up but I almost never do business at those.

I assume your not knocking for fe ? Are you cold knocking or leads ? If my lead is a $400 k house I knock it . It’s my experience knocking 1000’s of houses the upper income houses overall are not in the mkt for fe or any other type of life . I don’t sell annuitys or Iul’s .Most of those leads are well off people that happen to show little income thus are on the list .As far as ring bells . I have extensive dealings with them . If you work around very populated areas there’s many . In my exp there’s a reason someone has a right bell and it’s because they don’t like strangers and want to screen them . I nor you have control if someone answers the door . I only have control WHEN they answer the door . As I said I knock every single lead and have no preconceived expectations. But based on my findings of a large sample size I stick by my findings .

Most would agree with you . The physical lead irrelevant.Like most people will bring a pad holding the lead card to the door . They say it doesn’t matter that it cry’s salesman . I like to put the lead in my pocket and knock . When they start opening I pull the lead out . I’ve seen very successful door knockers say “ Mrs Jones you filled this card out to see what type life ins you qualify for “ . Others say never mention life ins at the door . Personally I don’t mention life ins at the door . I don’t like knocking $300-$500 k houses as skepticism of a person showing up at the door much higher . Also a ring bell much tougher as much fewer answer . On the 2 above I’ll leave delivery receipts . In the end I never throw a lead away till it’s a yes or no at the door . A no on the phone is irrelevant to me . I’m still knocking it . In the end no matter what method you use activity producers results .You 100% knock are appts first then knock ?

Appointments first. But I knock a fair amount. Used to door knock only.

I don't mention life insurance at the door. If I'm knocking aged leads and I'm just trying to skim the cream, I might say "the information you requested on the new state regulated Final Expense programs".

never ring, always knock. Ring doorbell cameras don't bother me. Sometimes people engage through the camera. Most of the time, if they are going to engage, they come to the door and do it face to face.

With my FE folks, most of those Ring doorbells don't work. I knock rather than ring the doorbell, but some of them are motion activated. If they talk to me through the doorbell, I pretend not to hear them. I do the same when they yell from behind their closed door.

Back