Door Knocking

When I first started door knocking, I was taught to categorize the leads in three ways. 1) "G" (good) means you sold it. 2) "NG" (no good) means you pitched it but didn't sell it. 3) "NFG" (no 'effin good) means they were home but wouldn't let you pitch it.:arghh: Talk about trashing leads, we would literally crumple them up and throw them in the back seat. Still do.:yes:

When I first started door knocking, I was taught to categorize the leads in three ways. 1) "G" (good) means you sold it. 2) "NG" (no good) means you pitched it but didn't sell it. 3) "NFG" (no 'effin good) means they were home but wouldn't let you pitch it.:arghh: Talk about trashing leads, we would literally crumple them up and throw them in the back seat. Still do.:yes:

I tear them in two and drop in the floorboard. Or sometimes I just leave it at the home. I'm not calling them back so I don't care if they keep the lead card.

I heard someone say one time that you treat leads like cherries, pick the ripe ones, drip on the growing ones and throw out the pits.;)

I tear them in two and drop in the floorboard. Or sometimes I just leave it at the home. I'm not calling them back so I don't care if they keep the lead card.

I heard someone say one time that you treat leads like cherries, pick the ripe ones, drip on the growing ones and throw out the pits.;)

Amen. Guys (and girls) don't realize how lucky we are in that we have the freedom to do this, when used wisely. Other sales jobs, you have to eat every pile of manure they shovel your way (company and customers alike).:skeptical:

Amen. Guys (and girls) don't realize how lucky we are in that we have the freedom to do this, when used wisely. Other sales jobs, you have to eat every pile of manure they shovel your way (company and customers alike).:skeptical:

That is one reason I always preferred to work other methods other than direct mail leads. If I have a lead I feel obligated to call on that lead no matter what. If I am canvasing I can pick and choose the type of prospect I talk to. I can choose the homes that are reasonably well kept and people have a little pride in the selves. If there is trash piled in the yard and the home is falling in, I do not feel I am wasting money by passing it up. I avoid most the cat piss homes that way.

That is one reason I always preferred to work other methods other than direct mail leads. If I have a lead I feel obligated to call on that lead no matter what. If I am canvasing I can pick and choose the type of prospect I talk to. I can choose the homes that are reasonably well kept and people have a little pride in the selves. If there is trash piled in the yard and the home is falling in, I do not feel I am wasting money by passing it up. I avoid most the cat piss homes that way.

Many on here will tell you that the best business is the cat pee houses with garbage and poop everywhere . I strongly disagree. The comment in regards to little self pride and well keptness is important to finding clients who pay on their insurance bill. Imho.

Some of those houses look like you'd need to wear a hazmat suit in them, which is why I have no interest in working the Cat Piss Circuit.:twitchy:

https://www.google.com/search?q=haz...-L_RAhWG4yYKHUGjB-0Q_AUICSgC&biw=1280&bih=597

Many on here will tell you that the best business is the cat pee houses with garbage and poop everywhere . I strongly disagree. The comment in regards to little self pride and well keptness is important to finding clients who pay on their insurance bill. Imho.

Part of the reason I prefer not to work areas that are heavily populated with those types of homes is what it does to my attitude. When I was a Staff Mgr. I was fortunate that most of my debits were in blue collar working class areas. However, I had one that for lack of a better description was a slum area. I hated working that debit. Not because the people were not nice, most were, but because at the end of the day I would feel totally depressed.

I think you may have opinion and experience mixed up there. And I have the distinct feeling that if I had the funds to do the travel and ride alongs with Hoosier Daddy, jdeasy and agentguy5--- I would find that their individual experiences would come back to teaching me some quite similar things about being a successful fe salesperson.

Ha - dude, you are too smart for your own good. Dumb down a bit kid - it's not rocket science . . .

p.s. - ass ki$$ing doesn't work in this forum

As I said above, Winders is not doing it himself. He is hiring someone else to do it and that is an extremely important difference. He is only doing face to face top producer sales stuff. Presenting, not managing records.

He still keeps the lead regardless - which is what the discussion morphed to . . .

Ha - dude, you are too smart for your own good. Dumb down a bit kid - it's not rocket science . . .

p.s. - ass ki$ doesn't work in this forum

He still keeps the lead regardless - which is what the discussion morphed to . . .

That is not the discussion. That's what the pretenders tried to make it about.

As for your telling LostDollar that ride alongs are not needed, that is your biggest problem. You are unteachable. And unwilling to change. That's why your plan now will fail just as it failed 9 years ago.

You can go to the offers section and your offer from 2008 looks like it was written by you yesterday.

You have learned anything in the years since that was posted.

That is not the discussion. That's what the pretenders tried to make it about.

As for your telling LostDollar that ride alongs are not needed, that is your biggest problem. You are unteachable. And unwilling to change. That's why your plan now will fail just as it failed 9 years ago.

You can go to the offers section and your offer from 2008 looks like it was written by you yesterday.

You have learned anything in the years since that was posted.

I didn't say ride alongs weren't good - I said he didn't need to ki$$ a$$ to look good . . .

2008 was long ago. I'm only personally selling - not team building . . .

But - preach on JD.

Back