Favorite Lead Sources

moonlightandmargaritas, why you said that to me... If it's because I violated any forum rule, please excuse me being a newbie, or clarify why you remark me this..

I thought I'd start some chatter about leads and your favorite way to generate your own or do you just prefer a lead company you trust? I am really interested in hearing some debate on leads and lead quality from various sources.

i would take your old leads and mail them all a personalized letter and re-birth your leads you already have an investment in

Anyone ever heard of a company called "Illinois Financial?" They offer pretty cheap "leads," but I think its more of a list and not sure. They charge just under $1 each in batches of 300 or so & up. They guarantee that if you work the list if you don't get any business in the first 90 days you get a full refund. If I did 300 cold calls I'd probably write a piece of business so I'm not sure what their guarantee is worth.

Thanks,

Jb

300 bucks for nintey days... hmm. I get my data for a flat peice monthly, and get acess to 220,000,000 records. Two hundred and twent million. And making the calls yourself? How about hire a tm to make the calls... set the criteria AND DONT PAY IN ADVANCE (or admission as some call it). Find someone who takes cc or who is local and put "standing orders", agree that you will expect a minimum bit will take extra. It helps with returns but remember to be fair. Oh and ask for recordings so your sure they arent offering toasters or yoyo magicians to your prospects!

Its not $300 for 90 days. Its $300 for 339 annuity leads. They describe their lead process as follows:

[FONT=verdana, geneva]"a list of 339 Investors that want to learn about the Guarantees and Tax - Benefits of the modern Annuities. These people have at least $100K in CD's, Stocks, Mutual Funds, etc., but do not have any guarantees or tax-exemptions. They are a great match for Indexed Annuities, but they want to speak to a licensed agent about what they need."[/FONT]

They also say this about how they've gathered the info:

"[FONT=verdana, geneva]All of our information is self reported from the consumers. It is gathered from the nation's top compiler of data, and then filtered down mostly via telemarketing questionnaires. The prospects that have an interest, are willing to speak to someone about it, and fit our criteria, are then profiled and screened for accuracy. Once they are scrubbed, they enter our database and are sold exclusively to the first buyer."

I don't really know what they mean by telemarketing questionnaires (whether its a live person or a robot) and its a bit odd that they have exactly 339 leads that are guaranteed to be within 20 miles of my specified zip code when I haven't given them a zip yet. So I'm suspicious, thinking its may not be much better than a data list and wondered if anybody has ever done business with them before.
[/FONT]

Back