FE persistency

So they don't even have the easiest online app. set up ..?
That link just has prices, Pioneer is going to be middling for level non tobacco, better for level tobacco. Never going to be the cheapest option.

For 'easiest online app' that is sort of subjective, that really depends. I have only dealt with 5-6 carriers for telesales apps, but I prefer AmAm out of the ones I have used, simply because the app is pretty straightforward and usually spits out an instant decision, and no required Apptical call, like some carriers. Plus I much prefer voice authorization to email signatures.

Last edited:
I see what you are saying, I thought you were at least contracted with them. Yes that definitely would suck to deal with on your end.

The argument seems like 'which came first the chicken or the egg'?
On one hand--Agents should NOT use AmAm, their waiting times are horrible.
On the other--Agents that are ACTUALLY using them can press #1 and get to the specific department and thus avoid the wait times.

So avoiding them is what leads to the longer wait times in a sense.

Like I said, I definitely see your point, you can make the argument that a customer calling in to get info about their plan would get caught in that waiting time (which is a fair point).

But I wouldn't use 'waiting times' as the reason to tell agents to avoid contracting with them, since contracted agents simply press #1 and get straight to the desired department. Additionally any client calling in to make a payment, report a death, or cancel, would avoid the extended wait too since those are specific selections.

The disagreement was about their customer service. Several agents are saying there's no debate that they have excellent customer service. We were saying their hold times indicate otherwise.

As far as contracting with them, I said their underwriting is nothing special and agents who place everyone with AmAm will end up unnecessarily writing lots of graded and ROP policies. Their niche is low tobacco rates, but a price buster, like KSKJ, makes replacing them easy (even with smokers).

JD doesn't want/need AmAm. How is that "roasted"?
So ez ... lol. You guys kill me. All kid'n aside ... ever do Mortgage protection ...? ANd are you or yous udda guys doing tele apps or driving around cause I am NOT wanting that angle ... I did telesales for years in indie health before it became the ACA ... no offense I know people rock';n that but ... not of I can help it. I'm crazy, I'll work all the time ... weekends ... no probs. I actually like kick'n it with new people ... I watched this one ytube with a Candi Hooder I believe ... she KILLS it ... 18 states maybe 22 - 23 ... she's with FFL so let's hear the skinny on them? I was doing 18 I think back before Ocare came in ... I also have a co - worker to help with admin. and follow up to keep me entertaining ... if you're an IMO ... holla at cha boy?

Last edited:
The disagreement was about their customer service. Several agents are saying there's no debate that they have excellent customer service. We were saying their hold times indicate otherwise.

As far as contracting with them, I said their underwriting is nothing special and agents who place everyone with AmAm will end up unnecessarily writing lots of graded and ROP policies. Their niche is low tobacco rates, but a price buster, like KSKJ, makes replacing them easy (even with smokers).

Tiny little company in like 7 states. Not available to a very high percentage of agents on this forum. Not even worth mentioning unless you’re in one of their states.

False Statement:
Guys that know what they’re doing don’t write the Am Am Graded product. If offered Graded they can usually move that piece of business to Foresters,American Memorial,RNA.

Reason I ask your age is you talk like a kid with very little experience in your posts.

So ez ... lol. You guys kill me. All kid'n aside ... ever do Mortgage protection ...? ANd are you or yous udda guys doing tele apps or driving around cause I am NOT wanting that angle ... I did telesales for years in indie health before it became the ACA ... no offense I know people rock';n that but ... not of I can help it. I'm crazy, I'll work all the time ... weekends ... no probs. I actually like kick'n it with new people ... I watched this one ytube with a Candi Hooder I believe ... she KILLS it ... 18 states maybe 22 - 23 ... she's with FFL so let's hear the skinny on them? I was doing 18 I think back before Ocare came in ... I also have a co - worker to help with admin. and follow up to keep me entertaining ... if you're an IMO ... holla at cha boy?
Ebonics? :twitchy:

Tiny little company in like 7 states. Not available to a very high percentage of agents on this forum. Not even worth mentioning unless you’re in one of their states.

False Statement:
Guys that know what they’re doing don’t write the Am Am Graded product. If offered Graded they can usually move that piece of business to Foresters,American Memorial,RNA.

Reason I ask your age is you talk like a kid with very little experience in your posts.

You didn't mention Any of those companies when you recommended your carrier lineup.

As far as "talking like a kid", I have no idea what you're referring to. Seems you've been aggressive towards me in the past, so perhaps I've ruffled your feathers.

Either way, I don't care what you think, so you can continue to make assumptions and draw your own conclusions about me.

No one is talking about how good they were decades ago or even last year. We're saying they have had long hold times lately.

Why would we make this up?

And why would 10 agents here who call them many times a month make it up ? Nobody’s kissing am am’s ass . If they had 45 min hold times I’d hardly use them .

Back