FE persistency

Stuff seems to be cyclical.

TA was the worst. However, my last couple of deals with them FU and SIWL both new business and CS picked up very quickly. Zero issues in placing the business also.

Transamerica's customer service has improved a lot lately. Last few times I've called, they picked up within 5 minutes.

I've been dealing with Am Am longer than you've been in this business, so I do know what I'm talking about and I'm not lying.

One thing that I don't know is why you and your cohorts have trouble when the rest of us don't. I just called into them to "cancel a policy", which is option #7. I'm #5 in the que. A 4 minute wait....which is the longest I've heard. I will say though, I rarely need to call this department. Most of my calls are to contracting, agent support, or new business. No problem getting through for those departments
You guys know I can't help but stir'n the poop pot ... so, Kingaling, how do Am am rates compare against others .., let's start with Ohio? And would y'all say that they have the most functional online app. process ..? Are you doing telesales ..?

I dial 800-736-7311. I press 1 for menu options; then I press 2. I literally tried it from a different number today around 12 PM Central time, and I was caller 41.

This might be the issue, since that is not selecting a department, that is choosing the 'for all other callers' option. I just did exactly what you described, and it said I was 21st in line , and 13 minute wait, so that matches what you are describing as far as longer waits.

To be honest I have never used that route, which is probably why I haven't run into those waits. You will probably have better luck selecting the specific department. After you get to the main menu, death claim is #5, cancellation is #7.

But you should most likely be pressing #1 at the main menu since that is the 'if you are a sales agent' option. That gets you straight to a lot of the specific departments.
#1 New Business/underwriting/agent support
#3 Agent contracting
#4 Commissions
#6 Supplies
#7 Policy Services

Hopefully that will help.

Attachments

• key contacts.pdf
    413.4 KB · Views: 4
This might be the issue, since that is not selecting a department, that is choosing the 'for all other callers' option. I just did exactly what you described, and it said I was 21st in line , and 13 minute wait, so that matches what you are describing as far as longer waits.

To be honest I have never used that route, which is probably why I haven't run into those waits. You will probably have better luck selecting the specific department. After you get to the main menu, death claim is #5, cancellation is #7.

But you should most likely be pressing #1 at the main menu since that is the 'if you are a sales agent' option. That gets you straight to a lot of the specific departments.
#1 New Business/underwriting/agent support
#3 Agent contracting
#4 Commissions
#6 Supplies
#7 Policy Services

Hopefully that will help.

We don't know if we are cancelling when we are info finding. And I'm not an agent with them so I don't press 1. I haven't been contracted with them since about 2011?

I called them today and was number 11 in que. That's the shortest time I remember.

But I called Mofo twice today. Not on hold over 5 minutes either time. Very unusual for them.

A week ago I called Trans for an old Monumental. We were on hold 40 minutes. Trans has been better lately. But not on that one.

I'm in the field writing business. Going into over 600 homes per year. Jordan is going into more. So people can listen to us or to a frickin desk jockey that's never written hardly any business.

But all anyone has to do is call AmAm and see how long the wait is. The recording even says the call volume is "unusually high". No it's not. It's been that way since at least 2008.

Now, is AmAm petty enough to flag certain agents? Of course they are.

They termed me for posting bad about them here at the forum. One of their pimps reported me to the brass at AmAm. A guy claiming to a "vice president" called and emailed me demanding that I remove the posts about them if I wanted to stay contracted with them. I told him I didn't give a shit if I was contracted with them and would not remove any posts. So they sent me a termination letter.

I was with EFES at the time and they loved some AmAm. They told me they could get the termination lifted. I told them to not bother.

That's how petty they are. And maybe that's why the pimps are afraid to speak against them?

Fex agents are red flagged.:yes:

Nah he just has to trash them because their “No Replacement” rule in Kentucky.

He’d make a lot more sense if he tipped his hat and said he’d like to use them but cannot because he loves to replace policies.

Companies that allow replacements in Kentucky cannot start the clock over in the first 2 years.

People generally hate what they cannot do.

Nah he just has to trash them because their “No Replacement” rule in Kentucky.

He’d make a lot more sense if he tipped his hat and said he’d like to use them but cannot because he loves to replace policies.

Companies that allow replacements in Kentucky cannot start the clock over in the first 2 years.

People generally hate what they cannot do.
Roasted.

We don't know if we are cancelling when we are info finding. And I'm not an agent with them so I don't press 1. I haven't been contracted with them since about 2011?

But all anyone has to do is call AmAm and see how long the wait is. The recording even says the call volume is "unusually high". No it's not. It's been that way since at least 2008.
I see what you are saying, I thought you were at least contracted with them. Yes that definitely would suck to deal with on your end.

The argument seems like 'which came first the chicken or the egg'?
On one hand--Agents should NOT use AmAm, their waiting times are horrible.
On the other--Agents that are ACTUALLY using them can press #1 and get to the specific department and thus avoid the wait times.

So avoiding them is what leads to the longer wait times in a sense.

Like I said, I definitely see your point, you can make the argument that a customer calling in to get info about their plan would get caught in that waiting time (which is a fair point).

But I wouldn't use 'waiting times' as the reason to tell agents to avoid contracting with them, since contracted agents simply press #1 and get straight to the desired department. Additionally any client calling in to make a payment, report a death, or cancel, would avoid the extended wait too since those are specific selections.

Back