Feedback on Equis Financial?

Equis Financial- Can someone with real information give me the scoop on this company? I have two good friends that have been trying to get me involved with this company. Both of them seem to be making money. One is full time and the other is part time. The one that is fully time states they have made a little over 100K in less than a year. The one that is part time has made about 65K in less than a year. The one that has made 65K, has shown me proof of his earnings via his bank account and back office.

The problem I have is I don't think this company will be around in the next 1-2 years. Also, I see this company as a network marketing company, but my two buddies say it is not. I even have one of my buddies planning on quitting his full-time job to do this full time. I just think it is crazy, but I would like to get feedback from some of you that are involved with the company, or have been involved with the company.

Is this company going to be around in a few years?

I'm not involved with this company and whether they are here for 100 years or 2 weeks has minimal effect on your decision. You're asking the wrong question.

Try asking these questions

1. Can I do better than Equis?
answer
In most cases, Yes!

2. Should I find a national company with better lead programs and higher contracts?
answer
Only if you are the type of person that can memorize a presentation and learn how to sell insurance, from your home. If you need lots of hand holding, find a local agency that will work with you on a daily basis.

Happy Hunting!
Here's a link to a playlist that has training videos covering all the basics.

Equis Financial- Can someone with real information give me the scoop on this company? I have two good friends that have been trying to get me involved with this company. Both of them seem to be making money. One is full time and the other is part time. The one that is fully time states they have made a little over 100K in less than a year. The one that is part time has made about 65K in less than a year. The one that has made 65K, has shown me proof of his earnings via his bank account and back office.

The problem I have is I don't think this company will be around in the next 1-2 years. Also, I see this company as a network marketing company, but my two buddies say it is not. I even have one of my buddies planning on quitting his full-time job to do this full time. I just think it is crazy, but I would like to get feedback from some of you that are involved with the company, or have been involved with the company.

I personally know 3 of the 5 owners. The 2 Davies and Barry Clarkson. SUPER sharp people if you ask me. Will they be around in a few years? I don’t have a crystal ball but I would bet yes. They just celebrated two years in the business and they’re doing around 35 million issue paid. This isn’t Barry’s his first rodeo, he sold his Insurance business for tens of millions of dollars in the past so he’s done it before.

I would agree that Equis is similar to a Network Marketing/ MLM type company and as such, the upper management and early adopters will probably be around for years to come.

The same could be said for Symetry and Family First Life. They are all spin offs of NAA or at least built upon the same structure.

Start people off at low comp with high lead costs (that are resold and resold and resold) and have them recruit, recruit, recruit (from the beginning) to move up the ladder.

This platform is great for the people at the top. They make a huge override on any business submitted (you start at 70% commission), they make tons off reselling the leads and all the chargeback roll up exposure is left for the lower level peons recruiting friends and family.

If you're not aware of how chargeback roll ups work, you are asking to go broke! If any of your downline agents fail out of the biz (which is in the 90%+ range for these churn and burn, throw everybody against the wall and see who sticks type of agencies) they will eventually start to amass chargebacks and those debts will roll up to you.

Again, the upper eschelons could care less. They are protected by the myriad of middle men. So you are correct in it being a MLM style company.

They also try to do everything. Mortgage protection, final expense, annuities, ULs etc. While that sounds great during their pitch, you becoming a well rounded agent and all, you never actually become an expert in any niche.

The key to success (in any business) is to focus on ONE thing and become the expert. With them working multiple markets, focusing first on mortgage protection, you will not only be working a lot of evenings and weekends (those prospect tend to still be working) but you will struggle to get paid timely and have to learn many different products at once.

That's the reason many of us have focused on Final Expense. Day time hours, paid in 24-48 hours, learn one simple product and then add on other verticals as time goes on.

I can't speak for everyone else, but at least with Equita Final Expense, you will start at 30-40%+ higher contracts, lower lead costs, leads that are never resold, unmatched training and support and if you ever do decide to build your own agency, hand down, we have the best platform to do that! We can send interested agent recruits to you on a daily business along with agency builder training so you can do it the right away.

You can always give me a call at the number below or click the link in my signature and we will discuss all the details with you!!

The lure to most agents is the dream of building a downline and never having to work again. Most dont realize they can do that on their own without the huge cut in commissions.

However, the dreams of just recruiting and sitting back are long gone. There is way too much competition nowadays to just assume people want to work for you.

I can't speak for everyone else, but at least with Equita Final Expense, you will start at 30-40%+ higher contracts, lower lead costs, leads that are never resold, unmatched training and support and if you ever do decide to build your own agency, hand down, we have the best platform to do that!

I know you can't speak for Fex Contracting - to the best of your knowledge, do they offer the same type of agent support/training and lead program as EFES? The only difference being Fex is not in the upline/downline recruiting game?

I know you can't speak for Fex Contracting - to the best of your knowledge, do they offer the same type of agent support/training and lead program as EFES? The only difference being Fex is not in the upline/downline recruiting game?

I can't speak of all what FEX has changed in the 2 years since I left them. Though the agents that have come our way since then tell a familiar story. They do have a forum of their own now. That's pretty cool. They have a leaderboard. That wasn't there when I left.

Off the top of my head, some of what we have that stands out:

-Agency Builder Platform - You are correct that this a major difference. We have ways to send interested agent recruits daily to builders. We have separate builder training, group chats, calls etc just for builders. We have a dozen builders in Dallas learning the Do's and Dont's of building from Ben Boman and Ryan Caras, as we speak.

- 3 Agent Training Calls a week.

-Trainers available by text, phone and email all the time.

-EFES University - Online library of training calls

-Medicare Advantage Training - We have Peter Walker who will personally come to you and teach you how to add $10,000-$20,000 a year in renewals working your current leads.

-National Sales Trainer - If needed, we have a top Final Expense trainer who will fly out and personally train an agent in the field 1 on 1.

-Articulate Training - Online training that goes from the basics of life insurance to the nuts and bolts of door knocking, appointment setting, presentations, overcoming objections etc. All with quizzes and follow up by their managers to make sure they are getting it.

-Lead Program - FEX uses RGI which seems to work well. We have our own mailhouse. I think that's a plus myself. We have a lot more control over our lead program.

-Relationship with Carriers - Now I'm sure every IMO has carrier contacts, but managers having the ability to get things fixed by company men, Looking at you Bobby;), is a valuable resource that I had never experienced before.

I'm sure there's more, but off the top of my head :)

Seems as though other than the agency building platform and in house lead system - the training is similar. All is offered on a personal basis via webinars, chats, texts, etc.

Just from browsing the forum I'v learned many agents bounce around from one IMO to the next - for whatever reason. It's a great thing for you that the choice to move was wise. Just as some who'v flown to nest with Fex are happy with their move.

Business building; If a new agent came to you would they be put "under" a manager/"business builder"..? If yes, how would that affect their starting commission rate vs going to let's say Fex who doesn't have a middle man? The commission has to be cut some where so the 'upline' get's their cut.

Admittedly, this is the confusing part of the pay structure with MLM'ers/IMO's vs just going to work for an agency that will allow you to maxing out on the commission.

Anyway - just to clarify - Obviously both Fex and Efes are very good organizations with successful agents..

I can't speak of all what FEX has changed in the 2 years since I left them. Though the agents that have come our way since then tell a familiar story. They do have a forum of their own now. That's pretty cool. They have a leaderboard. That wasn't there when I left.

Off the top of my head, some of what we have that stands out:

-Agency Builder Platform - You are correct that this a major difference. We have ways to send interested agent recruits daily to builders. We have separate builder training, group chats, calls etc just for builders. We have a dozen builders in Dallas learning the Do's and Dont's of building from Ben Boman and Ryan Caras, as we speak.

- 3 Agent Training Calls a week.

-Trainers available by text, phone and email all the time.

-EFES University - Online library of training calls

-Medicare Advantage Training - We have Peter Walker who will personally come to you and teach you how to add $10,000-$20,000 a year in renewals working your current leads.

-National Sales Trainer - If needed, we have a top Final Expense trainer who will fly out and personally train an agent in the field 1 on 1.

-Articulate Training - Online training that goes from the basics of life insurance to the nuts and bolts of door knocking, appointment setting, presentations, overcoming objections etc. All with quizzes and follow up by their managers to make sure they are getting it.

-Lead Program - FEX uses RGI which seems to work well. We have our own mailhouse. I think that's a plus myself. We have a lot more control over our lead program.

-Relationship with Carriers - Now I'm sure every IMO has carrier contacts, but managers having the ability to get things fixed by company men, Looking at you Bobby;), is a valuable resource that I had never experienced before.

I'm sure there's more, but off the top of my head :)

With all those ground breaking toys at your fingertips, what was you & your teams production for the past 12 months? From the sounds of it it must be OFF THE CHARTS!!! Saw on LinkedIn you titled yourself as the #1 FE mentor with the best leads & the best Agency platform. Who are the Top 3 agents you have Mentored from the ground up? Sounds like things are going VERY well for you. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Last edited:
Back