Few Tips and Ideas

You seriously call all your clients whenever their draft falls on a weekend?

The ones that I feel like MIGHT be a problem with payments. We all sell those clients that you just know will never ever miss a draft. I make a list of the ones that are very low income and you need it to come out the day their money goes in. Well if their first draft is March 1st this year...guess what...It won't come out until Monday the 3rd. But they get their money the Friday before. I just call and give a friendly reminder to make sure they leave the 27.65 in the account when they go to the bank Friday.

I will also add that my persistency is EXTREMELY high across all companies. Lets say I make 15 phone calls to do this, and I save one person that would have forgot....it's worth my time for me.

You've been on fire lately B. This is one of the most concise and relevant posts I've seen on here in a while that puts the big picture in focus for a new or intermediate agent.

I would add a few ground level thoughts from personal mistakes that might help. These are some things I was reflecting while having coffee with an FE agent this afternoon.

1 there are at least five prefabricated presentations posted on this forum and other easy to find places. Pick one. They all work and none of them work. Make sense? Switching from one to the other is fruitless I think. I am guilty of this.

2. Record yourself. On the phone. In the house. This is Tubbs monkey dust.

3. Also. Wear a baby blue shirt.

Thanks for the great post B.

The ones that I feel like MIGHT be a problem with payments. We all sell those clients that you just know will never ever miss a draft. I make a list of the ones that are very low income and you need it to come out the day their money goes in. Well if their first draft is March 1st this year...guess what...It won't come out until Monday the 3rd. But they get their money the Friday before. I just call and give a friendly reminder to make sure they leave the 27.65 in the account when they go to the bank Friday.

I will also add that my persistency is EXTREMELY high across all companies. Lets say I make 15 phone calls to do this, and I save one person that would have forgot....it's worth my time for me.

I see. I'm a med supp guy and have attempted to dive in to FE a few times but the chargebacks are a pia and I usually give up after a few months and go back to my bread and butter. I'm giving it one last shot this year starting in March so we will see how it goes...

I see. I'm a med supp guy and have attempted to dive in to FE a few times but the chargebacks are a pia and I usually give up after a few months and go back to my bread and butter. I'm giving it one last shot this year starting in March so we will see how it goes...

Why not just go as earned and let it roll? I would if I had a med sup book.

You've been on fire lately B. This is one of the most concise and relevant posts I've seen on here in a while that puts the big picture in focus for a new or intermediate agent.

I would add a few ground level thoughts from personal mistakes that might help. These are some things I was reflecting while having coffee with an FE agent this afternoon.

1 there are at least five prefabricated presentations posted on this forum and other easy to find places. Pick one. They all work and none of them work. Make sense? Switching from one to the other is fruitless I think. I am guilty of this.

2. Record yourself. On the phone. In the house. This is Tubbs monkey dust.

3. Also. Wear a baby blue shirt.

Thanks for the great post B.

I love the baby blue shirt idea :)
I tell so many agents each week to either record themselves, or call me or another agent and roleplay (sounds sexual). I have helped many agents just by hearing what they say in the house and there are always this or that they say that should be changed.

Thanks for taking the time to write this out. It's good to know that even though we are independent and work for ourselves, that at least we are not by ourselves :)

I love the baby blue shirt idea :)
I tell so many agents each week to either record themselves, or call me or another agent and roleplay (sounds sexual). I have helped many agents just by hearing what they say in the house and there are always this or that they say that should be changed.

About recording yourself....... In the start of my second month I couldn't sell water to somebody on fire. It was ridiculous! I decided I was going to record my presentation and send it to my upline to critique. Turns out, when I hit the record button I didn't want to sound like an *** to my upline so I stuck to the script.... guess what 7 months later... still using using the script.

I also practice the presentation in the car on the way..... out loud.... multiple sclerosis is still difficult to roll off the tongue when asking the questions, so I say it too :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back