Final Expense Appointment Setters

I wanted to get the group’s feedback on something...

I have appointment setters that I pay for a good bit of my agents that way they are always in the field generating revenue. Usually these guys are writing $3,000-$5,000 per week sometimes more and sometimes less depending on leads and area. Typically my agents are getting somewhere between 40-50% of their leads set and then door knocking the rest.

I think this is a pretty good number of appointments to expect an agent to receive. Any of y’all experiencing anything different? Is 40-50% appointments what you are seeing as well? If not, what is your average? I’m bringing on more appointment setters to keep up, and I know there are a lot of killers in here that have experience with this as well. Input appreciated.

Depends on the area . I’d say 40-50% is incredible . In many Southern states 20% is phenomenal. I’ve tried at least 10 setters over the yrs and none ever got me over 20% . I now just flood areas with dm and can door knock 10-20 a day . Now when I finishing door knocking and calling 6-10 times I give ti an appt setter 4 weeks later and give her $30 an appt and $25 extra if I sell . You giving your guys $30 leads and street comp or are you cutting comp to 100% and providing setting service ?

Is 40-50% appointments what you are seeing as well?

The only time I get 40-50% sits:leads is when I was dialing them myself. I never had an appointment setter do better than 25% consistently. Frankly if I could find an appointment setter who would get me 40-50% consistently I'd order 60 leads a week and never look back.

If I call a lead and they answer the phone, my appointment setting percentage is north of 70% at times. That said, a large majority of folks don't pick up the phone. That's when I door knock.

It sounds as though you are saying that as much as 50% of your leads answer the phone?
I would say from the short term experience I have, that is beyond the normal.

I wanted to get the group’s feedback on something...

I have appointment setters that I pay for a good bit of my agents that way they are always in the field generating revenue. Usually these guys are writing $3,000-$5,000 per week sometimes more and sometimes less depending on leads and area. Typically my agents are getting somewhere between 40-50% of their leads set and then door knocking the rest.

I think this is a pretty good number of appointments to expect an agent to receive. Any of y’all experiencing anything different? Is 40-50% appointments what you are seeing as well? If not, what is your average? I’m bringing on more appointment setters to keep up, and I know there are a lot of killers in here that have experience with this as well. Input appreciated.

40-50% for appointment setters is pretty darned good. However, the real bottom line is are your agents able to close around 50% of those? If so, you're good. If not, there's either a problem with your setters or a problem with your agents.

Depends on the area . I’d say 40-50% is incredible . In many Southern states 20% is phenomenal. I’ve tried at least 10 setters over the yrs and none ever got me over 20% . I now just flood areas with dm and can door knock 10-20 a day . Now when I finishing door knocking and calling 6-10 times I give ti an appt setter 4 weeks later and give her $30 an appt and $25 extra if I sell . You giving your guys $30 leads and street comp or are you cutting comp to 100% and providing setting service ?

We have guys all over the map. Most of the ones I'm talking about, I subsidize lead cost (either free leads or $15-$18). Their comp reflects that. Additionally, I set many of them appointments.

40-50% for appointment setters is pretty darned good. However, the real bottom line is are your agents able to close around 50% of those? If so, you're good. If not, there's either a problem with your setters or a problem with your agents.
Any agents that stick around more than a few weeks are definitely closing around 50%. Off of those appointments set, most of the time my agents are hovering around 65-70% show ratio on the first run through.

Any agents that stick around more than a few weeks are definitely closing around 50%. Off of those appointments set, most of the time my agents are hovering around 65-70% show ratio on the first run through.

I think you're golden then. However, I'm sure you'll still try to improve it, so good luck!

Back