Final Expense Companies

Ok. I give. What is a good alternative to EFES? By the way, I did not even consider NAA. Looked really bad from a guy who doesn't know anything about the business.

Ok. I give. What is a good alternative to EFES? By the way, I did not even consider NAA. Looked really bad from a guy who doesn't know anything about the business.

There is no good alternative to EFES if intend to be a fulltime FE producer.

If you want to manage there are better deals. But, if one cannot make it with the EFES system then they can't make it in FE.

By no alternative I mean any IMO that has leads and training for FE is going work in the same model. If leads are subsidized you are paying for them somehow.

Last edited:
Can you do EFES with age old leads or just buy a list from Josh..I heard he is the guy to buy from. Also, in regards to training doable without local but just learning from online? I know I asked before but just wondering if anyone also did it without local training and succeeded. Thanks. Also, with learning about Universal life which works like term for life eg Mass Mutual..I'm getting confuse why someone would buy whole life as in final expense whole life if they can get a GUL..Can you tell me what the differencee would be ?

insurancemet said:
Can you do EFES with age old leads or just buy a list from Josh..I heard he is the guy to buy from. Also, in regards to training doable without local but just learning from online? I know I asked before but just wondering if anyone also did it without local training and succeeded. Thanks. Also, with learning about Universal life which works like term for life eg Mass Mutual..I'm getting confuse why someone would buy whole life as in final expense whole life if they can get a GUL..Can you tell me what the differencee would be ?

Your guaranteed ul will be staying in force in later years only because of the secondary guarantee. Read what happens when payments are late or not made. Then ask people like Jdeasy or Newby how often a draft is attempted and not able to be completed on a policy with whole life you can have automatic premium loan from the cash value with the GUL you can easily have no policy add the other options of whole life such as reduced paid up, cash surrender value and extended term just makes for more options.

Having said that GUL can be a good option for some people I like short paying it or setting the policy up so no more premiums required in retirement.

Your guaranteed ul will be staying in force in later years only because of the secondary guarantee. Read what happens when payments are late or not made. Then ask people like Jdeasy or Newby how often a draft is attempted and not able to be completed on a policy with whole life you can have automatic premium loan from the cash value with the GUL you can easily have no policy add the other options of whole life such as reduced paid up, cash surrender value and extended term just makes for more options.

Having said that GUL can be a good option for some people I like short paying it or setting the policy up so no more premiums required in retirement.

Plus most GUL won't allow small enough policies and won't have the relaxed underwriting of the FE companies.

Back