Final Expense Leads

Mark sold my personal information to some foreign website designers a few years ago. I wouldn't want to share too much info with him.

He did the exact same thing to me. When I called him about it I acted like I was interested in the website. He told me if I sell my agents info to the guy I would get $50 for every website he sells. Then he came on here and acted like he knew nothing about it. That foreign guy bugged the **** out of me. Thanks again Mark I almost forgot.

I've listened to the sample of the $10 telemarketed leads now. Wow that was HARD to listen to. Very bad. But the lady did seem to sit through it all and give the requested info. Maybe they will convert. I've learned not to prejudge.

What's terrible about them? Accent? Language barrier? Lack of product knowledge?
For one, you don't want your telemarketer knowing anything about the product, other than the ages it's for and maybe that it will cover folks with health issues.

Secondly, yes the accent/language barrier is huge. I had 5/13 leads this week from a different source say they couldnt understand what they were saying. But you will probably get that % saying that or something similar anyways.

I think if I were to use Filipinos more often, I would just hire them off of odesk/elance myself. I just don't want to deal with that pain.

I almost did that last year, but I couldn't find a Filipino that met my accent, or lack thereof, standards.

But in retrospect, some of the Filipinos I interviewed over Skype were a 1000x better than these call center Filipinos.

Last edited:
Mark sold my personal information to some foreign website designers a few years ago.

I wouldn't want to share too much info with him.

Yes about 8 years ago, I did give a company that made cheap websites a list of agents to call and see if they wanted a website. JD was on the list.

JD, I dont share personal Info like your SS#, Date of Birth , Bank Acct number or anything like that, which I have. I only gave a list of names and numbers to a company that was making websites for them to call and use my name to see if they could help them get a website. You were under me with UHL at the time.

----------

He did the exact same thing to me. When I called him about it I acted like I was interested in the website. He told me if I sell my agents info to the guy I would get $50 for every website he sells. Then he came on here and acted like he knew nothing about it. That foreign guy bugged the **** out of me. Thanks again Mark I almost forgot.

Yes, I gave the website people a list of agents to call and try and sell them a website and if they bought a website, I got $50 bucks from it. I think this was about 8 years ago.

----------

It is kind of like changing the oil in your car. If you can do it yourself you will be better off. But most of us dont want to do it, so we pay someone else to do it. You can cold call people and just say " Hi, I'm Mark Rosenthal with (insert an ins company name) and I'm calling to see if you have any questions about final Expense. If you call 100 people you will get 2 appts from doing this. Most of all the Telemarketing companies out there say about the same thing. The difference is how much you pay. No matter who calls them, they are the same people being called in your area.

So pay $10, $18 , $24 , or more is up to you. I would try and do it myself and if it does not work, pay someone else to do it .

Yes about 8 years ago, I did give a company that made cheap websites a list of agents to call and see if they wanted a website. JD was on the list. JD, I dont share personal Info like your SS#, Date of Birth , Bank Acct number or anything like that, which I have. I only gave a list of names and numbers to a company that was making websites for them to call and use my name to see if they could help them get a website. You were under me with UHL at the time. ---------- Yes, I gave the website people a list of agents to call and try and sell them a website and if they bought a website, I got $50 bucks from it. I think this was about 8 years ago.

How much money did you make for selling your integrity? :) just busting your chops.

Last edited:
Yes about 8 years ago, I did give a company that made cheap websites a list of agents to call and see if they wanted a website. JD was on the list.

JD, I dont share personal Info like your SS#, Date of Birth , Bank Acct number or anything like that, which I have. I only gave a list of names and numbers to a company that was making websites for them to call and use my name to see if they could help them get a website. You were under me with UHL at the time.

----------

Yes, I gave the website people a list of agents to call and try and sell them a website and if they bought a website, I got $50 bucks from it. I think this was about 8 years ago.

----------

It is kind of like changing the oil in your car. If you can do it yourself you will be better off. But most of us dont want to do it, so we pay someone else to do it. You can cold call people and just say " Hi, I'm Mark Rosenthal with (insert an ins company name) and I'm calling to see if you have any questions about final Expense. If you call 100 people you will get 2 appts from doing this. Most of all the Telemarketing companies out there say about the same thing. The difference is how much you pay. No matter who calls them, they are the same people being called in your area.

So pay $10, $18 , $24 , or more is up to you. I would try and do it myself and if it does not work, pay someone else to do it .

Mark, I know you try to be a good guy, but none of these excuses matter. You should not have shared that info without the agent's permission. Hope you learned that lesson!

Mark, I know you try to be a good guy, but none of these excuses matter. You should not have shared that info without the agent's permission. Hope you learned that lesson!

Life is full of lessons that we all learn.

8 years ago, I learned this lesson.

These days I have a Constant Contact and you request to be on the list to get stuff like this. So, only those that ask to be on the list, get stuff like this.

Back