Final Expense Question

I have sold pre-need exclusively for about 12-years but have recently expanded into final-expense, term life, annuities, and med suppliments (if I can get a handle on the med sups.)

It all ties together very well because it is the same customer base.

Kentucky just tried to require a funeral director's license to sell pre-need but it got shot down. You just have to make clear that you are an insurance agent and the agreement is not in effect until signed by a funeral director (something I always did anyway.) It's real easy to become a funeral director in Kentucky anyway but I didn't really want to do it.

Those laws are bad because Funeral Directors as a rule know very little about life insurance OR funeral preplanning. And taking the time to become a director will not teach you what you need to know. There should be a separate license for funeral preplanning that directors as well as everyone else should have to achieve to do preplanning.

Newby, the law in PA shows you how powerful the Funeral Directors lobby is. Prior to the change in the law I sold pre-planning for the Stewart Corporation, the second largest death care business (cemeteries and funeral homes). SCI out of Texas is the largest. Agents had to learn all about the FTC regulations and the different hardware and services that funeral homes offer. I know some people in a Layton, Utah agency that sells Forethought pre-need. Interestingly, in Utah an insurance agent does not need a funeral directors license but must take a separate insurance exam in order to sell pre-need.

Newby, the law in PA shows you how powerful the Funeral Directors lobby is. Prior to the change in the law I sold pre-planning for the Stewart Corporation, the second largest death care business (cemeteries and funeral homes). SCI out of Texas is the largest. Agents had to learn all about the FTC regulations and the different hardware and services that funeral homes offer. I know some people in a Layton, Utah agency that sells Forethought pre-need. Interestingly, in Utah an insurance agent does not need a funeral directors license but must take a separate insurance exam in order to sell pre-need.

"in Utah an insurance agent does not need a funeral directors license but must take a separate insurance exam in order to sell pre-need"

That's the way it should be everywhere.

hi there, took off my mortgage hat I have worn for several years, and put on my insurance hat, just getting started and I am Overwhelmed!!! I am interested in the senior market..specifically final expense pre need interests me as well, can anyone suggest any companies that I can plug into here in California that I can get my feet wet, and hopefully make some money?? Thanks for any and all suggestions, I do appreciate it..

hi there, took off my mortgage hat I have worn for several years, and put on my insurance hat, just getting started and I am Overwhelmed!!! I am interested in the senior market..specifically final expense pre need interests me as well, can anyone suggest any companies that I can plug into here in California that I can get my feet wet, and hopefully make some money?? Thanks for any and all suggestions, I do appreciate it..

Where in California are you located?

As far as final expense companies, I just "discovered" Americo. The rates are very good and they don't have a point of sale verification phone call.

Great commissions as well.

Rick

As far as final expense companies, I just "discovered" Americo. The rates are very good and they don't have a point of sale verification phone call.

Rick
I thought Cristopher Colombus discovered Americo.:swoon: I knew school was a waste of time.

As it turns out, Americo had not been officially discovered as no one remembered to file the patent.

Therefore, I am now listed as the discover.

You must tithe me 10% of your annual earnings. Send me $11.00 and be quick about it.:yes:

Rick

Another great thing about Americo is they have the rate calculator you can put on your Palm or Windows based phone. It's great.

Rick

If you think the rates are good for Americo, you should look around a little more... I replaced two Americo Final Expense policies last week. Their rates are not competitive here in Indiana. However, they do pay high commission's if you can keep it on the books.

If you think the rates are good for Americo, you should look around a little more... I replaced two Americo Final Expense policies last week. Their rates are not competitive here in Indiana. However, they do pay high commission's if you can keep it on the books.
I know Oxford is lower but who else beats Americo by much?

Rick

Back