Final Expense Training by Alan Benedict

Only the strong and capitalized will survive .

It certainly makes it important to be as competitive as you can price-wise and get the client the biggest death benefit for their budgeted buck.

I had one last week where she had just signed up for a $8000 policy that would first draft third Wednesday of September. I replaced it with Family Benefit for the same price but $2000 more death benefit.

It was was small premium policy but she was in her 50's and had just started taking insulin. The company I replaced is a decent company but she was rated standard due to insulin. If the first agent had used FBL there'd have been nothing I could have done for her to make her situation better.

I wonder if the other agent may not have been captive to the other company? Trinity/Family Benefit may be small, but they are not unknown.

These folks are definitely getting hammered both with DM cards and through Facebook. It is probably no coincidence that the agent I know who is putting up the biggest monster numbers is cold knocking his mailing list and getting into the homes that are not mailing the cards back.

It certainly makes it important to be as competitive as you can price-wise and get the client the biggest death benefit for their budgeted buck.

I had one last week where she had just signed up for a $8000 policy that would first draft third Wednesday of September. I replaced it with Family Benefit for the same price but $2000 more death benefit.

It was was small premium policy but she was in her 50's and had just started taking insulin. The company I replaced is a decent company but she was rated standard due to insulin. If the first agent had used FBL there'd have been nothing I could have done for her to make her situation better.

I wonder if the other agent may not have been captive to the other company? Trinity/Family Benefit may be small, but they are not unknown.

These folks are definitely getting hammered both with DM cards and through Facebook. It is probably no coincidence that the agent I know who is putting up the biggest monster numbers is cold knocking his mailing list and getting into the homes that are not mailing the cards back.
And, since those are the folks that are not serial mailers, they stand a bit better chance of staying on the books.

I'm sorry you have problems in your life. I guess you think that nobody else has problems...only you.

I don't think your skin's tough enough to be successful in FE. What Ben said is true. If somebody disagrees with you then they're a meanie, or a cyber bully.

You don't get to dictate whether or not we respond. If you don't like the answers we give...don't ask questions of us. Do you think that if you ask the question enough times that the answer will change?

I have a recommendation for you. Since you seem to be stuck at home, maybe
you should try selling by phone. Medicare Supplements is much easier by phone. You should contact Chris Westfall and join his site to learn how to sell Medicare Supplements over the phone. Chris is a very patient guy who'll be glad to answer all of your questions. He has lots of patience for beginners..a real saint. He knows it all!!! Now go get 'em tiger.:)

MedicareAgentTraining.com - Medicare training on how to sell Medicare Supplements by phone
My! How things change in just a couple of years. :yes:

And, since those are the folks that are not serial mailers, they stand a bit better chance of staying on the books.
It’s one of the reasons I got started writing home service again after a brief hiatus. Most FE agents were avoiding the neighborhoods I worked since so few had a checking account. At that time, people without a checking account had practically nowhere to turn for life insurance, but I could write them as agent collections, which gave me a huge niche market with very little competition (especially as the captive debit companies have shrunk or disappeared altogether).

More recently, though, I’ve been facing increasing competition from FE agents who can now draft DE cards. That’s been an option for a while, but up until recently those agents still mostly stayed out of my niche because of the inevitable persistency problems. (I still think writing bank or DE drafted business is ill advised for the majority of my home service clients.) But lately the increased numbers of FE agents working the streets has caused more agents to look to my debit neighborhoods as a source for sales. It’s kind of like when the deer population gets too large and you start seeing them in suburban yards because of increased competition for food. I’ve been replaced on price a couple of times now in as many months, so I’m being forced to rethink some strategies.

. It is probably no coincidence that the agent I know who is putting up the biggest monster numbers is cold knocking his mailing list and getting into the homes that are not mailing the cards back.[/QUOTE said:
Do you know and could you share his approach?
Thank you

How do you folks screw up something as easy as quoting a forum post lol

I do not know his approach other than he mails an FE list, but I believe he leads at the door with med supps. But his monthly premium Med supp/FE combined it huge.

Does anyone know if he is still active?

A few years ago I was able to still find him in the California DOI website - that is how I know he was contracted with Columbian and AIG, but not Lincoln Heritage as so many thought because of that webinar he gave almost a decade ago. But last I checked, I do not think he came up. Someone else told me he sold his book of business and retired. But I do not think that info came from Alan himself.

So, no clue if he is still active.

I know Life Insurance Selling Magazine is no longer active.

Back