Flea Spray That Does Not Smell

Essential oil-based flea sprays work pretty well. Lemon, lavender, lemongrass, and cedarwood all smell pretty good, though I would do a mix of at least 2. You can get oils at any health food store. Plant Therapy is good quality and inexpensive on Amazon. PT has an Insect Synergy pre-diluted roll-on that might be handy, but it'd be cheaper to make your own if you want to make sure. They have the Insect Synergy, just mix about 25 drops of that in a travel spray bottle and fill with water. Just make sure to shake really well before using. I'd keep the essential oils out of your car, but the spray bottle should be fine if you use it pretty fast.

I wouldn't trust a lot of recipes on the net, as there's a couple multi-level marketing companies really pushing unsafe usage. Essential oils are pretty potent, though. You don't need a lot for it to work. Traditional dilution for adults is 2%.

If you eat a lot of garlic it help repel fleas from you.

Reminds me of the old joke "Do you know why farts stink? So deaf people can enjoy them too."

If you eat a lot of garlic....well you get the idea.

I used to work at a vet back in high school and college. Two things work well. Frontline spray from the vet won't smell and will work. The other option is to put a flea collar around your ankle. We not only did that at work, but if you go out in the woods it'll help with ticks.

Oh my god! I can't believe I am reading a serious thread about flea/tick repellent for Insurance Agents. I've said this before: they don't pay you guys enough for what you do.
I can't imagine going into a home with fleas and poop and Crypt Keepers and rats being shot at. I have so much respect you guys! Makes my gig seem boring, but lucrative.

Back