jasperjohns

Super Genius
Florida
I have heard from FMOs, seminar mailing companies and now FE DM companies and FE IMO/FMOs that FL is a different monster. I would like to hear from any producers out there that have produced in FL and other states as well what there take is on this opinion.

Thanks in advance,

Every state is their own monster too one degree or another. Find a group producing in your state with top level salespeople on board, and join them.

DM might be an issue there, but there are agents selling in your backyard right now, thats for sure. Some of them even over the phone.

billyb may have his own answer but in general the particular area can make quite a difference in results. Florida is too large to accurately consider it to be just one area. If you search for posts by Agentguy5 you'll see that he drives a good bit to get away from Miami and does very well 2 or 3 hours NW of it.

Thanks ExProg… I never thought of it that way. That is a very valid point.

Florida is a tough state to work because the people here are bombarded with phone calls, mailers and TV ads. I found this to be true with FE and Medicare. In my area you can't get enough data to get telemarketed leads, either no land line or on the DNC list. I got plenty of DM leads when I was buying them, but getting in touch with the lead is almost impossible. Door knocked, called myself and even hired an appointment setter and she quit after a few weeks with little results. Most people won't answer their phone if they don't recognize the number. Lots of people who mail back every card they receive knowing they are not going to buy anything. If you do sell a policy it is tough to keep it on the books so your persistency is not that great. I don't think there is anyone else on the forum who works my area. If there is I would love to hear what they have to say.

Florida is a tough state to work because the people here are bombarded with phone calls, mailers and TV ads. I found this to be true with FE and Medicare. In my area you can't get enough data to get telemarketed leads, either no land line or on the DNC list. I got plenty of DM leads when I was buying them, but getting in touch with the lead is almost impossible. Door knocked, called myself and even hired an appointment setter and she quit after a few weeks with little results. Most people won't answer their phone if they don't recognize the number. Lots of people who mail back every card they receive knowing they are not going to buy anything. If you do sell a policy it is tough to keep it on the books so your persistency is not that great. I don't think there is anyone else on the forum who works my area. If there is I would love to hear what they have to say.
I'm positive that there are people on the forum that work your area. If you are in central florida...I do, if you are in the panhandle I have communicated with several on here that are as well and if I didn't cover your area I'm sure Doug Massi works it as he works the entire state if he needs to. He may be a good person to reach out to I believe he is agentguy5 or something like that. Great guy, great at FE and knows FL inside and out. That said I do not believe he has ever gone and produced in other states which is why I started this thread. (do not quote me on what states Doug has or has not worked as I do not know...besides FL of course).

Doug is my FMO and he knows about my plight. He does not work this far north, but if he wants to that is fine with me. I invite anyone to come to Okaloosa and Walton counties and share their results. Maybe they would make some money, maybe not.

Back