I solicit Med Sups and sell some big life cases too. Got a call this week from a client who wants 500,000. Husband and wife are 70. Recently helped a client sell his term policy. I will get 20% of the amount he receives. This is a market I never gave much thought.

I pivoted to MA when I realized that FE wasn’t gonna work in Walton. But, I’m gonna give FE another shot since I now have a good base of MA to cross sell. Is that viaticals you’re talking about?

I have heard from FMOs, seminar mailing companies and now FE DM companies and FE IMO/FMOs that FL is a different monster. I would like to hear from any producers out there that have produced in FL and other states as well what there take is on this opinion.

Thanks in advance,

I live and work on the East coast of Florida, in a high income county. I was also skeptical about Florida for some of the reasons you mentioned. I was skeptical about pulling up to a "final expense" lead in a $400,000 home. But I did and I found that people bought insurance. It doesn't matter how much an area is worked, most agents are still not working their leads fully, so a good agent will still find money on the table. Doug Massi works South Florida, which is the toughest market in the country, and he writes over 250k/yr.

Funny, you're thinking your area is too poor to do well but lack of disposable income is precisely what makes them a prospect for life insurance in the first place.

It’s supposed to be the perfect demographics for FE but it’s a couple of levels beyond that; it’s really hard to explain unless you’ve tried it but agents who’ve worked the area in the past know what I’m talking about. It’s the deadly combination of no money and no motivation.

It doesn't matter how much an area is worked, most agents are still not working their leads fully, so a good agent will still find money on the table. Doug Massi works South Florida, which is the toughest market in the country, and he writes over 250k/yr.

Doesn't Doug travel outside his area like several hours away ?

You mention it doesn't matter how much an area is worked a "good" agent will still find money, however I believe Doug Massi was saying he was failing until he decided to travel a bit outside his area, or am I wrong ?

Last edited:
I invite any agent to come to the panhandle of FL and work leads. Find out for yourself how the people respond. These folks here are a different breed. I can't say that I blame them because they are bombarded with phone calls and mailers.

I work east to Tallahasse and west to Pensacola and all of the AL counties bordering FL. Okaloosa and Walton counties in FL are the toughest.

Latest posts

Back