Foresters the new (old) Trans

You can do both, just not with FBL or KSKJ.

My thoughts are this though. If a product gives your agents a competitive advantage, why not offer it? If Trinity has lower rates, more aggressive underwriting, lead credit program, takes debit express and other perks that agents like they will definitely make more sales by having it.

If you are contracting them directly there is plenty of over ride to work with. If you are building in layers for recruiter over rides the agents will just have to take it at a lower commission. If it has enough value to them, they will still sell it. But if you are adding in the extra middle-men as a cost THEY need to be bringing extra value to the agents also or they will not want to pay for those extra middlemen.

What we do (FexContracting) is pay our recruiter a salary rather than put him in the over ride food chain. This allows us to work with the companies with the thinner levels while still offering the competitive commissions to the agent and enough over ride to us. It works well because the actual selling agent (the most important part of any agency) has more tools and options than the other agents he competes with.

We would LOVE for all the agents to sell the high commission companies too. But the reality is when you are the guy in the field, buying leads and competing for business you gravitate to companies like Trinity, Family Benefit, KSKJ, Oxford, LifeShield, Standard Life and others that give you the competitive advantage. Even if the commission is slightly lower.

My thoughts are this though. If a product gives your agents a competitive advantage, why not offer it? If Trinity has lower rates, more aggressive underwriting, lead credit program, takes debit express and other perks that agents like they will definitely make more sales by having it.

If you are contracting them directly there is plenty of over ride to work with. If you are building in layers for recruiter over rides the agents will just have to take it at a lower commission. If it has enough value to them, they will still sell it. But if you are adding in the extra middle-men as a cost THEY need to be bringing extra value to the agents also or they will not want to pay for those extra middlemen.

What we do (FexContracting) is pay our recruiter a salary rather than put him in the over ride food chain. This allows us to work with the companies with the thinner levels while still offering the competitive commissions to the agent and enough over ride to us. It works well because the actual selling agent (the most important part of any agency) has more tools and options than the other agents he competes with.

We would LOVE for all the agents to sell the high commission companies too. But the reality is when you are the guy in the field, buying leads and competing for business you gravitate to companies like Trinity, Family Benefit, KSKJ, Oxford, LifeShield, Standard Life and others that give you the competitive advantage. Even if the commission is slightly lower.

When I was with you guys, I lead off with KSKJ and FBL. I was freaking out when I went to EFES and started leading off with Trans, Americo and RNA. I thought my persistency would plummet.

You know what happened? Nothing. Same persistency. Actually better persistency. I had a stupid 92% with trans and half that business was Direct Express. At the end of the day, as long as a carrier has social security billing, middle of the road rates, and the agent does a good job of wedging out the next agent, they will be fine.

Most agents are not trained to replace. Most agents fail out anyways.

And 90% of agents need more than a cheat sheet, group chat and one weekly call. Many agents want more than that.

If an agent never wants to build anything and just wants to personally produce all their lives, great! They can go anywhere they want, get broker contracts, leads etc. We can offer the same model you guys do, and we do for those that want that type of model. I imagine we're at similar levels.

But if someone wants to build an agency, have a team, enjoy override income, then there's a lot that goes into that. We not only provide the infrastructure for training and support of bringing on new agents, but the marketing to bring them in.

99% of agencies out there are still running ads on Ziprecruiter or cold calling/cold emailing Discovery Data. Maybe there's some that are text/robo blasting them, but we know the dangers of that.

We provide a full platform that funnels quality prospects that schedule directly on the agent's calendar from multiple different ad sources. I will teach budding agency builders all the pitfalls of recruiting, how to navigate the chargeback risks, what to look for in quality recruits and how to identify the good and bad apples quickly so they know who to invest their time in.

And the beauty of it all is our whole system is automated. We literally hand off agents to our proven Agency Builders. And still teach them to replicate what we do. That costs money. We spent over $25,000 last month in contest giveaways, ad spend, technology costs, technology development, contracting etc.

We all know that 90%+ of the production is done at lower than street level. You see that as an evil in the industry. It is what it is. Some people get into this business without the necessary skillsets and investment to succeed in your model.

We're catering to a different crowd. Well, I can still cater to your crowd too when I run into them. But that's not necessarily who we are targeting.

We are continually investing back into our agents and agency and are doing nothing but helping our agency builders grow their agencies, developing new technologies, different lead platforms and anything that will make their jobs more efficient.

Just a different business model. Trying to take the good of what FFL and their ilk have created and improve upon it.

When I was with you guys, I lead off with KSKJ and FBL. I was freaking out when I went to EFES and started leading off with Trans, Americo and RNA. I thought my persistency would plummet.

You know what happened? Nothing. Same persistency. Actually better persistency. I had a stupid 92% with trans and half that business was Direct Express. At the end of the day, as long as a carrier has social security billing, middle of the road rates, and the agent does a good job of wedging out the next agent, they will be fine.

Most agents are not trained to replace. Most agents fail out anyways.

And 90% of agents need more than a cheat sheet, group chat and one weekly call. Many agents want more than that.

If an agent never wants to build anything and just wants to personally produce all their lives, great! They can go anywhere they want, get broker contracts, leads etc. We can offer the same model you guys do, and we do for those that want that type of model. I imagine we're at similar levels.

But if someone wants to build an agency, have a team, enjoy override income, then there's a lot that goes into that. We not only provide the infrastructure for training and support of bringing on new agents, but the marketing to bring them in.

99% of agencies out there are still running ads on Ziprecruiter or cold calling/cold emailing Discovery Data. Maybe there's some that are text/robo blasting them, but we know the dangers of that.

We provide a full platform that funnels quality prospects that schedule directly on the agent's calendar from multiple different ad sources. I will teach budding agency builders all the pitfalls of recruiting, how to navigate the chargeback risks, what to look for in quality recruits and how to identify the good and bad apples quickly so they know who to invest their time in.

And the beauty of it all is our whole system is automated. We literally hand off agents to our proven Agency Builders. And still teach them to replicate what we do. That costs money. We spent over $25,000 last month in contest giveaways, ad spend, technology costs, technology development, contracting etc.

We all know that 90%+ of the production is done at lower than street level. You see that as an evil in the industry. It is what it is. Some people get into this business without the necessary skillsets and investment to succeed in your model.

We're catering to a different crowd. Well, I can still cater to your crowd too when I run into them. But that's not necessarily who we are targeting.

We are continually investing back into our agents and agency and are doing nothing but helping our agency builders grow their agencies, developing new technologies, different lead platforms and anything that will make their jobs more efficient.

Just a different business model. Trying to take the good of what FFL and their ilk have created and improve upon it.

Good post. But 90%+ of production is from agents at less than street? Where does that figure come from? I can’t wrap my head around that.

Good post. But 90%+ of production is from agents at less than street? Where does that figure come from? I can’t wrap my head around that.

I've been told that from multiple carrier reps. A majority of life production happens at FFL, Symmetry, Asurea, One Life, Amerilife, NAA etc. Think about it, you know a majority of those agents are not at street or above.

I've been told that from multiple carrier reps. A majority of life production happens at FFL, Symmetry, Asurea, One Life, Amerilife, NAA etc. Think about it, you know a majority of those agents are not at street or above.

That is so sad. They work the same hours as their peers but make half as much.

There has to be a bridge between offering top comp and little to no support and a ton of support with low pay. Let’s just be frank the baby carriers don’t want large agency production they’re happy with what they’ve got.

So you're saying that you pay JD a saiary? :biggrin:

JD is going to start charging for all the interviews everyone is doing with him. What is he up to now? Around 10?

He was on the FexCruise (Training at Sea) all last week and you would think with all the interviews he has done that he wouldn’t have anything left to say. But there were always agents around him listening to story after story.

Back