Foresters the new (old) Trans

There has to be a bridge between offering top comp and little to no support and a ton of support with low pay. Let’s just be frank the baby carriers don’t want large agency production they’re happy with what they’ve got.

There is.

That is so sad. They work the same hours as their peers but make half as much.

Only if you're comparing apples to apples. Not all agents are apples. You can have a direct to IMO setup, but only with a certain type of agent/client base.

For those that need more support/resources, you need someone else in the middle willing to take the endless stream of calls/texts/emails.

Someone/something has to pay for all that. As long as you have clear and easily attainable guidelines to street level and above, then it can work.

Let’s take a perfect example when I was out to the baseball game with @NAF1138 over the summer I took numerous calls from agents in the home to assist them with cases. I have more then 5% on those agents. @Newby would you offer the same support to an agent?

Different strokes for different folks, some agents just want to be left alone. The slow learners, dumb as a box of rocks type, probably get the commission they deserve they also probably need more help. In the cemetery funeral business new agents would get so hung up on commission a 100% of nothing is still nothing. I would try and help them differentiate between their wants and needs during the interview process. The quicker you can help them obtain their needs the better the chance of keeping an agent. Then they can grow. Whatever the need show them a reproducible system to get them there. I would just hire as many sheep as I can and once in a while a wolf will naturally evolve. You guys already have that figured out just different ways of fishing. Happy Thanksgiving week everyone!

Let’s take a perfect example when I was out to the baseball game with @NAF1138 over the summer I took numerous calls from agents in the home to assist them with cases. I have more then 5% on those agents. @Newby would you offer the same support to an agent?

I don't go to baseball games. I don't even know if that's the ball with the pointy ends or the one you throw in the basket. But as I'm sure Nick has told you, I take calls all hours. I'm most likely at my desk if I'm awake though. How do you think I maintain this perfect pear-shape?

It was a legitimate question I don’t know what level of support you offered.

That's how I took it. We don't know each other. But yes if there is any one thing that has been the major cause of my success over the past 43 years that I've been in sales, it's not that I'm great at sales. It's that I've been a work-a-holic. But I've always done stuff that I enjoy so it doesn't seem like work. It's just my routine.

But 90%+ of production is from agents at less than street?

You need to get on FB more. Plenty of agents writing biz for far less than forum rates. They come and go though. I've seen a number of new agents over the past six months, for example, have "started new job at burial insurance for seniors" followed a few months later with "started new job at County General Phlebotomy."

You need to get on FB more. Plenty of agents writing biz for far less than forum rates. They come and go though. I've seen a number of new agents over the past six months, for example, have "started new job at burial insurance for seniors" followed a few months later with "started new job at County General Phlebotomy."

A lot of the Facebook stuff is very cringeworthy. I just have to think that at least 1/3 of those agents that fail out with those lower commissions and working previously worked leads would have made a go of it at a good agency.

I like to refer to phlebotomists as "resident vampires ". :)

Back