Full-time to independent

When you have enough in renewals to pay your base costs. Also, have a years worth of savings to pay bills. This should give enough to concentrate on being a good agent and not being forced to feel pressured which might lead to poor decisions.

When you have enough in renewals to pay your base costs. Also, have a years worth of savings to pay bills. This should give enough to concentrate on being a good agent and not being forced to feel pressured which might lead to poor decisions.
Lol Lol . You know how long it takes most fe agents to get to $3k a month in renewals ? Hell i bet very very few agents in the business 5 yrs even make $3k a month in renewals . You obviously don’t understand you’ll have about 50% persistency on what you wrote in year 1 by the end of yr 5. Why do you think the vast vast majority of high producing fe agents get into recruiting . It’s because its a day in day out grind and your on a hamster wheel as your renewals in fe will never allow you to relax.

Yeah, so according to you, he shouldn't even bother.
No your saying he should be part time till he has enough in renewals till he cam pay his base bills . That will never happen . You go part time for a month or 2 till you learn the products and run 5-10 appts to get comfortable then you either commit to 50 plus hrs a week with an attitude there’s no plan b and put your every ounce of energy in this or you don’t do it . Personally I’d have 6 months of living exp’s before doing this full time . Yes it can be done with less but I think it’s important ti not feel any pressure . I worked Friday , Tuesday and today . I’ve sold 11 mapd and 6 life in maybe 18 hrs of working time . The reason why is I’m relaxed and wether I sell zero or 20 effects me zero . I’m out there helping people and the sales will come

I said 1 year in addition to renewals. You forgot to mention that and only attacked citing renewals only.
When you work for yourself you need to support a household and a business. If someone is not successful immediately they can only support one and it's usually the business that gets unfunded and dies.
If he took his time and had 1 years expenses saved and renewals to cover 50% of expenses, he could last for 2 years on that and anything he makes during that time would go to pay for future years while he continues to build his monthly profit and perfect his abilities.
Jumping in full time too soon is why 95% fail.
So he should take his time until he's comfortable financially and otherwise

I said 1 year in addition to renewals. You forgot to mention that and only attacked citing renewals only.
When you work for yourself you need to support a household and a business. If someone is not successful immediately they can only support one and it's usually the business that gets unfunded and dies.
If he took his time and had 1 years expenses saved and renewals to cover 50% of expenses, he could last for 2 years on that and anything he makes during that time would go to pay for future years while he continues to build his monthly profit and perfect his abilities.
Jumping in full time too soon is why 95% fail.
So he should take his time until

I bet 75% of the 95% that fail never had a chance as they were with mlm koolaide drinking outfits that start an agent at 50-65% and many recuit right off the bat

I bet 75% of the 95% that fail never had a chance as they were with mlm koolaide drinking outfits that start an agent at 50-65% and many recuit right off the bat
Thanks for the tips guys. Right now I only have 7 to 9 months worth of expenses saved up. Which I can easily go broke with costs and inflation so I have no choice but to work the hell out of leads and appts everyday.

I decided to do telesales although I'm not opposed to face to face. In looking at the popular imo's on here, it's seems the price of doing telesales is starting to become expensive. The ones that come recommended on here either want a one time fee of $1200, and then a monthly fee of $400 to $500, and then a mandatory weekly fee of $800 to $2000 depending on how much your going to spend for leads, which is understandable, but I don't want anybody debiting all all the mandatory monthly fees and weekly fees out of my account. They also dictate your schedule so you keep paying all these monthly and weekly fees they want to debit. Sounds like a hamster wheel.

Thanks for the tips guys. Right now I only have 7 to 9 months worth of expenses saved up. Which I can easily go broke with costs and inflation so I have no choice but to work the hell out of leads and appts everyday.

I decided to do telesales although I'm not opposed to face to face. In looking at the popular imo's on here, it's seems the price of doing telesales is starting to become expensive. The ones that come recommended on here either want a one time fee of $1200, and then a monthly fee of $400 to $500, and then a mandatory weekly fee of $800 to $2000 depending on how much your going to spend for leads, which is understandable, but I don't want anybody debiting all all the mandatory monthly fees and weekly fees out of my account. They also dictate your schedule so you keep paying all these monthly and weekly fees they want to debit. Sounds like a hamster wheel.
There is no easy button. And I would bet most of the people telling you how much to save up before starting did not do that themselves. Most of the best producers I know got into this broke and did it because they had to.

I didn't get into this flat broke but I didn't have all that much saved up either. I started captive with AG 20 years ago on May 1st. Hated every minute of it but I got some decent training. Two months in I decided this wasn't for me and quit AG. I had a couple job offers I was weighing when contacted by Phillip Hudgens of NAA. I had known about him from both of our prior careers in the tire industry. He convinced me to give independent a try with leads. I don't remember a start up fee but there was probably was one. He started me on a 65% contract, which I thought was good at the time, and $12 leads. This would have been August of 2004. I could only buy 5 leads a week at the time. So I started with $60 lead cost. I wrote a little over $4K my first week. My first month I did $12K on 5 leads per week. I thought this might work out so moved up to 10 leads per week by Oct and was moved to 75% contracts.

I stayed at 10 weeks per week until Jan 2007 when I left NAA. And only left because MP leads were getting hard to come by. They couldn't get me 10 leads per week in the same general area and many times not even 10 in the same state. And I had added MA when it came available in 2006 and that was blowing up.

Then when MIPPA blew that up in 2008 I was looking to move into FE. I started with a well known FE IMO with a start up cost of $225 which included my first 15 leads and business cards. I had a rougher start with that because I was still fooling with MA and not focusing on FE. In Jan 2009 I decided to ditch every thing but FE beginning Feb 1 and never looked back. I did write 1 MAPD in Feb 2009 on a referral. That's the last MA plan I ever wrote.

I stayed on 15 leads per week ever since except for a period of about 6 months when I went to 10 per week. For the last 8 months or so I've been off a regular weekly lead order. I do one mailer per month now.

I say that to say that you don't need all that cushion to start and if you have all that cushion you may never start. I know one very successful agent that started with absolutely nothing. He even taped a sign to his mirror to look at every morning, "there is no plan B".

Most of the success stories are similar. Of course the IMO's want you to bankroll your training. There's plenty of people that will help you along the way. But no one cares about your business as much as you.

This is a wonderful, rewarding career. Not just monetarily but the freedom of time and choice. I wish I had got in sooner than I did. But without hardship I wouldn't have.

When you have to make something work you will. This doesn't get easier. It never gets easier. You learn to handle the hard better. It seems easier because you get better.

Don't sit and wait for it to get easier. It never will.

There is no easy button. And I would bet most of the people telling you how much to save up before starting did not do that themselves. Most of the best producers I know got into this broke and did it because they had to.

I didn't get into this flat broke but I didn't have all that much saved up either. I started captive with AG 20 years ago on May 1st. Hated every minute of it but I got some decent training. Two months in I decided this wasn't for me and quit AG. I had a couple job offers I was weighing when contacted by Phillip Hudgens of NAA. I had known about him from both of our prior careers in the tire industry. He convinced me to give independent a try with leads. I don't remember a start up fee but there was probably was one. He started me on a 65% contract, which I thought was good at the time, and $12 leads. This would have been August of 2004. I could only buy 5 leads a week at the time. So I started with $60 lead cost. I wrote a little over $4K my first week. My first month I did $12K on 5 leads per week. I thought this might work out so moved up to 10 leads per week by Oct and was moved to 75% contracts.

I stayed at 10 weeks per week until Jan 2007 when I left NAA. And only left because MP leads were getting hard to come by. They couldn't get me 10 leads per week in the same general area and many times not even 10 in the same state. And I had added MA when it came available in 2006 and that was blowing up.

Then when MIPPA blew that up in 2008 I was looking to move into FE. I started with a well known FE IMO with a start up cost of $225 which included my first 15 leads and business cards. I had a rougher start with that because I was still fooling with MA and not focusing on FE. In Jan 2009 I decided to ditch every thing but FE beginning Feb 1 and never looked back. I did write 1 MAPD in Feb 2009 on a referral. That's the last MA plan I ever wrote.

I stayed on 15 leads per week ever since except for a period of about 6 months when I went to 10 per week. For the last 8 months or so I've been off a regular weekly lead order. I do one mailer per month now.

I say that to say that you don't need all that cushion to start and if you have all that cushion you may never start. I know one very successful agent that started with absolutely nothing. He even taped a sign to his mirror to look at every morning, "there is no plan B".

Most of the success stories are similar. Of course the IMO's want you to bankroll your training. There's plenty of people that will help you along the way. But no one cares about your business as much as you.

This is a wonderful, rewarding career. Not just monetarily but the freedom of time and choice. I wish I had got in sooner than I did. But without hardship I wouldn't have.

When you have to make something work you will. This doesn't get easier. It never gets easier. You learn to handle the hard better. It seems easier because you get better.

Don't sit and wait for it to get easier. It never will.
Jd your aquating having some good money saved before jumping in this to not having a hunger to succeed . And your saying when you have little money that makes you hungrier. Lol . For every success story of a guy making it with very little money there’s 50 that came in near broke and failed . Many people with little money will fail because the commission breath will make them desperate. I agree with 2 thing you said . If you want something bad enough you can do it .

Back