LBL Long hold times

shonceman

Guru
1000 Post Club
As many of you know, I’m primarily focused on home service these days. But I’m also still active in FE. For the sake of simplicity, I mainly write FE with LBL, since that’s also my main debit carrier. But lately I’ve had a terrible time getting through to their FE customer service. (FWIW, I don’t usually have any wait time at all on the home service side, other than the normal Monday & Friday morning queues.)

I’m well aware that other companies are having similar issues with hold times. Should we just expect that to be SOP in the future? Are there any FE carriers that are easier to get on the phone?

As many of you know, I’m primarily focused on home service these days. But I’m also still active in FE. For the sake of simplicity, I mainly write FE with LBL, since that’s also my main debit carrier. But lately I’ve had a terrible time getting through to their FE customer service. (FWIW, I don’t usually have any wait time at all on the home service side, other than the normal Monday & Friday morning queues.)

I’m well aware that other companies are having similar issues with hold times. Should we just expect that to be SOP in the future? Are there any FE carriers that are easier to get on the phone?
I've had the same problem with their ancillary side. Now I just let my FMO call for me so I don't get pissed off.

I've had the same problem with their ancillary side. Now I just let my FMO call for me so I don't get pissed off.
Several years ago, I wrote a fair amount with AmAm. One thing I liked about them was that they had a dedicated agent line for policy service. I think you still ended up with the same CSR’s, but the agent line moved you to the front of the queue.

Several years ago, I wrote a fair amount with AmAm. One thing I liked about them was that they had a dedicated agent line for policy service. I think you still ended up with the same CSR’s, but the agent line moved you to the front of the queue.
That’s why I never messed with lbl 18 months ago . 1 hr waits . Screw that . Am am’ s been good for me over the yrs . That’s what happened to Trans 2-3 yrs ago . 90 min waits . That’s why I’ve been very slow writing Aetna this yr . Bad cs . WellCare the pits . Humana awesome . United if your gold or platinum agent 10 seconds to 1 min . That’s why I give incredible cs to clients . Increases persistency big time

American Amicable is the most agent friendly company out there by far!!! They also have the best customer service by far!!
I couldn't disagree more. One of the very worst companies out there. Maybe better than Americo or SNL but that's about it.

Easy to replace though. If that's what you meant?

I couldn't disagree more. One of the very worst companies out there. Maybe better than Americo or SNL but that's about it.

Easy to replace though. If that's what you meant?
Well Jd sorry to say at least 10 agents on here say they love them . You see how kskj just dumped all of you like a sack of potatoes . Am Am’s a great agent company and a great many agents agree . You don’t like them and that’s ok. But many agents like them

AmAm is ok for smokers. But I've had them totally ignore my notation on the app that the customer won't accept "other than as applied for," and then mail the customer the graded approval letter before they even told me it wasn't approved level. I love those phone calls. This has happened a lot and causes a lot of extra legwork for me. Their online chat feature is excellent, but that's the best I can say about them.

Back