Wrote my first Aflac app

Advance on issue - no bank account verification - probably the worst business quality monitoring in the business.

I've never seen as much blatant agent-initiated fraud in the business as I have over the last 12-24 months.
Yes but they have tightened up! They used to do no scriptcheck or MIB.

Yes but they have tightened up! They used to do no scriptcheck or MIB.

When did Aetna do no rx check? I recall in 2014 I had a guy rejected because they found memory drug in rx check . I know they did no mib .I’ve hardly written any of the Aetna CO’s .

When did Aetna do no rx check? I recall in 2014 I had a guy rejected because they found memory drug in rx check . I know they did no mib .I’ve hardly written any of the Aetna CO’s .
I don’t remember the exact years but it was the entire time the Senior products were owned by Genworth up through like the first 5-years they were owned by Aetna. They had reps going around telling the agents that they verified nothing. Anything an agent put on the app was the way the policy would be issued. Craziest thing any company could do.

If I’m not mistaken dont you write accendo ? Exact same app and underwriting. And Aflac is usuable . 5-5 320lbs with copd or afib . I used for afib as they were cheaper than rna . Even you vaunted kskj won’t take that . And to boot I made 130%!!!!

KSKJ is fine with AFIB. And you are correct, aflac, accendo and aetna are all the same underwriting. They say they are not, but they are.

If you find aflac usable then use them. Why do you care if I don't?

Probably started using RX checks in '14? 2014 was also when they stopped paying commissions ages 45-59.

Before they added the Rx check they did no MIB and no Rx check. You did have to do a phone interview. And if the client said no to all questions it was level. They had a small section of questions that a yes or several yes answers was graded, 40% year 1, 75% year 2 and then another section where it was modified. And the modified was priced very well.

The policy was issued with no other checks. The phone interview was the only underwriting.

It was a great product and they were very easy to work with back then. Aetna started rolling them downhill. Then when Aetna sold to Humana it was awful during the changeover. Then the Humana buy got killed by the government and then comes along CVS. Aetna, Humana and CVS in a race to the bottom. CVS is the clear champion. They got the bottom in record time and they love to wallow in it.

KSKJ is fine with AFIB. And you are correct, aflac, accendo and aetna are all the same underwriting. They say they are not, but they are.

If you find aflac usable then use them. Why do you care if I don't?

Sir I care about nothing . I’m a stone cold killer that I assure you . Got shouted at today for daring to door knock somebody . I tore the lead up in their face and laughed . Lol . Throw in American Home Life which is a clone of accendo , Aflac , aetna

Last edited:
Sir I care about nothing . I’m a stone cold killer that I assure you . Got shouted at today for daring to door knock somebody . I tore the lead up in their face and laughed . Lol . Throw in American Home Life which is a clone of accendo , Aflac , aetna

:D

Don, I don't take sides. However, the fact that what I am about to ask may seem that way.
You did appear somewhat sensitive to JD's strong response to your post. My first thought was, your feelings were hurt due to the tone of his response, rather than his experience with Aflac. As I continued reading, I believe you said you tore up a lead in front of someone you door knocked. If that ain't sensitive, it definitely sounds unprofessional, at the least.
What was the upside of tearing up the lead in the prospects face? It just sounds like you get frustrated when people don't respond the way you think they should, and feel a need to confront them. Hopefully, I am misreading you.

Back