Good better best quote template sheets

Maybe it is the pen.

I used to use these stupid expensive pens. Now mostly just some bold click pen.

Or you have to wear a tie. Or never weer a tie.

I have written my biggest life cases mostly in cargo shorts and flip flops. OK, I was on the phone so that may not count. :)

I think I may have some on a shelf somewhere. I'll need to find something to leave behind other than a business card.

What, if anything, do you leave behind?
If I have it, I leave a company brochure for the product I’ve written. I imagine the company’s intention is for agents to use the brochure during the presentation. But, normally, I don’t even bring it out until the sale is complete. If it’s a brochure that covers multiple options, I circle the option they’re getting, then cross out descriptions of anything they’re not getting. I fill in the details of the particular plan they just bought in the section provided for that. If there’s no section like that, I just find a spot either on the front or back of the brochure to write the details. I also write my name and number large.

If I know going in what options I’m planning to present, I’ll carry a file folder with a brochure (and app if necessary) for each plan I might offer. But if I end up needing to take them in a different direction, and I don’t have a brochure, I don’t worry about it. I hand deliver my policies anyway, so I promise to bring the policy to them as soon as it’s issued, and promise to go over everything again at that time. Then I write the details on the back of my business card. For my clientele, I feel it’s important for them to at least have the details in written form while waiting for the policy to arrive, especially if they’re drafting the initial premium.

Other than how sloppy I write I noticed I wrote this one a little differently than normal. I really think I am getting to lazy or routine on these. We spent more time deciding what to order for lunch.

Maybe I should start carrying a form and brochures.

Do you guys do the company brochure thing?
I rarely use them. Though they did come in handy to a person who was a *****. Told me they want brochures through mail only do not show up again until I send them. I gave the line of how many carriers I work with and my job is to determine which ones will serve them best, if I were to send all my carriers would be a box and they all pretty much say same thing.
They were persistent they wanted them, so i pulled out every brochure I had and literally mailed them a box of brochures with a business card. No sale, but the satisfaction of imagining the face when they got it was worth the 8 dollar cost in postage

Other than how sloppy I write I noticed I wrote this one a little differently than normal. I really think I am getting to lazy or routine on these. We spent more time deciding what to order for lunch.

Maybe I should start carrying a form and brochures.

Do you guys do the company brochure thing?
I don't use the brochure during the presentation, but if they buy I always leave them a brochure(if the company has them). :yes:

If I have it, I leave a company brochure for the product I’ve written. I imagine the company’s intention is for agents to use the brochure during the presentation. But, normally, I don’t even bring it out until the sale is complete. If it’s a brochure that covers multiple options, I circle the option they’re getting, then cross out descriptions of anything they’re not getting. I fill in the details of the particular plan they just bought in the section provided for that. If there’s no section like that, I just find a spot either on the front or back of the brochure to write the details. I also write my name and number large.

If I know going in what options I’m planning to present, I’ll carry a file folder with a brochure (and app if necessary) for each plan I might offer. But if I end up needing to take them in a different direction, and I don’t have a brochure, I don’t worry about it. I hand deliver my policies anyway, so I promise to bring the policy to them as soon as it’s issued, and promise to go over everything again at that time. Then I write the details on the back of my business card. For my clientele, I feel it’s important for them to at least have the details in written form while waiting for the policy to arrive, especially if they’re drafting the initial premium.
Have you been watching me work?

I can't believe the # of times I've been behind agents that leave nothing...not even a receipt. SUSPICIOUS!!! :yes:

I rarely use them. Though they did come in handy to a person who was a *****. Told me they want brochures through mail only do not show up again until I send them. I gave the line of how many carriers I work with and my job is to determine which ones will serve them best, if I were to send all my carriers would be a box and they all pretty much say same thing.
They were persistent they wanted them, so i pulled out every brochure I had and literally mailed them a box of brochures with a business card. No sale, but the satisfaction of imagining the face when they got it was worth the 8 dollar cost in postage
Would have been better if like in the old days you could sent it postage due... :yes:

I never did the 3 option close. Even though I know it works, I just always concentrated more on the actual amount of coverage they need instead of the premium. If the premium was too high for what they needed, then we just go down from there. My method works just fine for me.

I never did the 3 option close. Even though I know it works, I just always concentrated more on the actual amount of coverage they need instead of the premium. If the premium was too high for what they needed, then we just go down from there. My method works just fine for me.

Same. Sometimes. I do not have an always method. Hell, many times I have several FEXQuotes pages printed out and just show those. Or as we are talking and narrowing down what they are wanting I am noting it down then jot down what will work then add a few options they should consider. Many times it depends if I am speaking with a $15,000 'FE' client or a $1,000,000 GUL client. The $15,000 clients tend to be less decisive in my experience.

Last edited:
Back