"Good Night Sweet Prince" Lasso expires....

It sounded good at first but found some doctors would not take it even though they were supposed to and that was the main point of it
(caveat, not an agent)

That was a debatable point I think.

It is a Medicare Advantage plan, not a supplement to Original Medicare. Lasso said their legal team said the doctors had to take it, however I recall one thread here where an apparently substantial group of doctors in Arizona were disputing that and refusing to take the Lasso plan.

I am not sure that sales documentation for any other MSA plans in operation matched up to Lasso's presentation.

I also noticed that, maybe 3 years out from initial release of the plan, Lasso changed the wording about doctors having to take the plan in their plan documents. Lasso went to wording more in line with that presented by other MSA plans.

You do realize that providers are also not required to take supplements - right?

Right?

The only times I have even seen any who take Medicare and NOT take a supplement is when they have an exclusive contract with one plan, I have seen this 2 times with UHC

The only times I have even seen any who take Medicare and NOT take a supplement is when they have an exclusive contract with one plan, I have seen this 2 times with UHC

Hey Vic.

With an HDF plan, based on posts here about CMS automatically submitting claims to Medigap carriers, I thought that any Part B provider treating me under Medicare would be obligated to take the payment from my Medigap plan.

I thought any Part B providers accepting Medicare assignment would be obligated to accept payment from my Medigap plan as final settlement of my share of my bill.

Your post and experience seem to suggest otherwise and I don't understand how that can be allowed to happen.

(caveat, not an agent)

That was a debatable point I think.

It is a Medicare Advantage plan, not a supplement to Original Medicare. Lasso said their legal team said the doctors had to take it, however I recall one thread here where an apparently substantial group of doctors in Arizona were disputing that and refusing to take the Lasso plan.

I am not sure that sales documentation for any other MSA plans in operation matched up to Lasso's presentation.

I also noticed that, maybe 3 years out from initial release of the plan, Lasso changed the wording about doctors having to take the plan in their plan documents. Lasso went to wording more in line with that presented by other MSA plans.

Still that was their entire selling point

but it turned out they were not even as good as a PFFS

Hey Vic.

With an HDF plan, based on posts here about CMS automatically submitting claims to Medigap carriers, I thought that any Part B provider treating me under Medicare would be obligated to take the payment from my Medigap plan.

I thought any Part B providers accepting Medicare assignment would be obligated to accept payment from my Medigap plan as final settlement of my share of my bill.

Your post and experience seem to suggest otherwise and I don't understand how that can be allowed to happen.

There are some that have contract with on carrier who do not take even OG Medicare the villages in FL 5 years ago come to mind

think I heard of another in TX but never ran into issue myself with TX, but FL villages came up a lot

Had that happen a ton here as well. Providers were always confused...
yep. Not saying it was Craig's fault, but insufficient investment in communications/"market-making" (how did Zing not understand this?), plus the stingy statutory benefit design constraints that made the product smell & act funny (eg no beneficiary contribution to MSA allowed, no way to attractively integrate retail Rx, etc).

I'm just grouchy because I only enrolled my first - & now only, I guess - MSA client last year, after years of presenting to "ideal" candidates.....

Back