Grandparent Ownership

smokin goose

Guru
1000 Post Club
Kentucky
Forgive me if this is elementary. If the grandparent is the owner/payor and the grandchild is the insured. When the grandparent dies, where does the ownership transfer to?

That's why there should be a contingent ownership section if there isn't one. Sometimes it reverts back to the insured if they're of age. Not sure otherwise.

Forgive me if this is elementary. If the grandparent is the owner/payor and the grandchild is the insured. When the grandparent dies, where does the ownership transfer to?

Grandchild becomes owner. Grandchild can't make ANY changes until they are age of majority.

Or

In the agent section write a contingent owner if there is no section for it in the app

Grandchild becomes owner. Grandchild can't make ANY changes until they are age of majority. Or In the agent section write a contingent owner if there is no section for it in the app

How could the grandchild become the owner before 18 or whatever age they need to be?

And what is "age of majority" ;)

Grandchild becomes owner. Grandchild can't make ANY changes until they are age of majority.

Or

In the agent section write a contingent owner if there is no section for it in the app

Now you went and ruined it...I was wondering how many post this could've gotten with I don't knows

Back