Senior Life Stock Ownership or 3-card Monte?

titeye

Guru
Received an unsolicited email this morning offering agents an opportunity to "own a piece of the company."
Nothing else after that. No details. No specifics. Nothing addressing the subject of the email.

I am well aware there are agents at various stages of their careers with SL, all the way up to those formerly known as RVP's (regional vice presidents) who contribute to this site. Other than the Powell family, is there one agent on this forum who owns stock, in any amount, in Senior Life?

Received an unsolicited email this morning offering agents an opportunity to "own a piece of the company."
Nothing else after that. No details. No specifics. Nothing addressing the subject of the email.

I am well aware there are agents at various stages of their careers with SL, all the way up to those formerly known as RVP's (regional vice presidents) who contribute to this site. Other than the Powell family, is there one agent on this forum who owns stock, in any amount, in Senior Life?

I'm in the process of buying stock. At the annual awards banquet last week in Cancun, Mexico they said the stock gained 30% over the last 12 months. There are several agents/managers, etc. that have bought SL stock the last few years. Are you appointed with Sr Life?

I'm in the process of buying stock. At the annual awards banquet last week in Cancun, Mexico they said the stock gained 30% over the last 12 months. There are several agents/managers, etc. that have bought SL stock the last few years. Are you appointed with Sr Life?
I plead the 5th to your question, for right now. I will say that I did get appointed approx. 5 years ago. My first year, I blew it wide open and was invited to the leadership conference in Thomasville. I stopped writing soon after that because Marvin Evans was stealing my prospects, which is another story.

While at the conference, Ron made the suggestion that everyone should own as much stock as possible in the company. In front of everyone, I asked how one would go about owning stock. At the time, I was under the impression that there was a way to earn it through production. Depending on how long you have been with SL, you may recall this question being asked. If you do, you know he never provided an answer.

As far as someone "saying" it gained 30% over the last 12 months, let's assume that is true for a moment. That implies that same someone knows what the current stock price is and where it was prior to the increase. SL is a C-corp. Their financial reports are not public information. How is one supposed to determine its value, and therefore a fair stock price, if those statements are not made available to perform one's own due diligence?
Why should I have to rely on what someone else tells me, if I am capable of determining its value, if given the financial statements? I think these are fair questions.

I assume you received the same email. Did I overlook where it talked about owning stock in the company?

How, specifically, does an appointed agent buy the stock?

I plead the 5th to your question, for right now. I will say that I did get appointed approx. 5 years ago. My first year, I blew it wide open and was invited to the leadership conference in Thomasville. I stopped writing soon after that because Marvin Evans was stealing my prospects, which is another story.

While at the conference, Ron made the suggestion that everyone should own as much stock as possible in the company. In front of everyone, I asked how one would go about owning stock. At the time, I was under the impression that there was a way to earn it through production. Depending on how long you have been with SL, you may recall this question being asked. If you do, you know he never provided an answer.

As far as someone "saying" it gained 30% over the last 12 months, let's assume that is true for a moment. That implies that same someone knows what the current stock price is and where it was prior to the increase. SL is a C-corp. Their financial reports are not public information. How is one supposed to determine its value, and therefore a fair stock price, if those statements are not made available to perform one's own due diligence?
Why should I have to rely on what someone else tells me, if I am capable of determining its value, if given the financial statements? I think these are fair questions.

I assume you received the same email. Did I overlook where it talked about owning stock in the company?

How, specifically, does an appointed agent buy the stock?

The stock of senior life is appraised every year by an appraisal company. They determine the value and that’s what the stock is valued at. A stock owner can get it appraised by his company of choice if they do not agree with stock price. Hope that answers your question.

To not be appointed with Sr Life you sometimes seem mighty obsessed with what we're up to. The short answer is: Sr Life is starting to revolutionize the FE industry. And the take over has already started. Already 2 other carriers, Americo and Prosperity I believe, are starting to copy cat Sr Life's model for handling quick charge backs, ie full charge backs the first 90 days. I'll lay 10 to 1 that you'll see other carriers adopt some of these same things as the super low priced carriers have mighty slim margins for profit.

They've earned very little interest on their reserves the last several years with interest rates being so low. Now they are forced to make a profit selling policies, and there's very little room for error because of historically low interest rates. Carriers with super cheap rates at the moment are just not making the profit from selling FE policies as the higher priced carriers are.

And just how in the world could Marvin steal your clients? He only writes for Sr Life. Are you saying he stole your SL clients so he could rewrite them again with Sr Life? I must have missed something because this makes zero sense. By the way Marvin is a great guy.

Wish you well.

Last edited:
Over the last 14 months the stock mkts up 75% .

Over the last 14 months the stock mkts up 75% .

Interesting comment you made. However Google says:
"The S&P gained more than 16% in 2020 (doesn't include 2021 figures), a strong return in a year of steep job losses and widespread pain......The Dow Jones industrial average and the tech-heavy Nasdaq gained 7.25% and 43.6%, respectively".

So where did you get "up 75% the last 14 months" from? Your source?

You said the last 12 months . Your quoting for the yr of 2020.I said 14 months as the mkt dropped 33% in the March time frame last yr . The S@P is up almost 40% since the day after the election in Nov alone .What I’m saying SL up 33% ain’t jack .

The stock of senior life is appraised every year by an appraisal company. They determine the value and that’s what the stock is valued at. A stock owner can get it appraised by his company of choice if they do not agree with stock price. Hope that answers your question.

To not be appointed with Sr Life you sometimes seem mighty obsessed with what we're up to. The short answer is: Sr Life is starting to revolutionize the FE industry. And the take over has already started. Already 2 other carriers, Americo and Prosperity I believe, are starting to copy cat Sr Life's model for handling quick charge backs, ie full charge backs the first 90 days. I'll lay 10 to 1 that you'll see other carriers adopt some of these same things as the super low priced carriers have mighty slim margins for profit.

They've earned very little interest on their reserves the last several years with interest rates being so low. Now they are forced to make a profit selling policies, and there's very little room for error because of historically low interest rates. Carriers with super cheap rates at the moment are just not making the profit from selling FE policies as the higher priced carriers are.

And just how in the world could Marvin steal your clients? He only writes for Sr Life. Are you saying he stole your SL clients so he could rewrite them again with Sr Life? I must have missed something because this makes zero sense. By the way Marvin is a great guy.

Wish you well.
LOL. I am not obsessed. I am just more informed than you think. Nice try though.

Greg, I did not want to go here, but you failed to read my post thoroughly and you asked a question. I said Marvin stole my prospects, not my clients. I have also known him to get H.O. to change agents (plural) downline over to his writing number. Don't ask me how he is able to do it, because I do not know the answer to that. If I did not know this for a fact, I would be setting myself up for a lawsuit. Considering you are both RVP's, in different parts of the country, you obviously don't see the same side as those who work side-by-side with him nor as frequently. Would that be fair to say? I have no reason to lie on him. If he is such a great guy, how is it that he can have an office literally overflowing with agents (60+) when I initially got there, and within 1 year not have enough agents to even fill a 10-chair conference table? That says an awful lot about his character. If that is not enough, how about this? When I first got there, the Evans group was number 5 or 6 in the country. He has fallen every year since he's done those things I have accused him of doing. Since I still have business on the books, you know I am privy to the Scoop. His face is nowhere to be found in this month's Scoop. What does that tell you about his character and/or leadership skills?
Remember, I worked with him on a day-to-day basis. You only know the political side of him, when he's sucking up and tap dancing in front of the Powell's at conferences. Is that not also fair to say?

Back to this stock thing. You still did not tell me how an appointed agent would go about purchasing stock in SL; and, how does he/she obtain access to those financials you referenced?

Last edited:
Back